More than a couple months and there will be serious issues
15 (36.6%)
I can handle a couple weeks more
2 (4.9%)
That ship has already sailed
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

HisMajestyBOB

My routine is basically unchanged except for going to the basement to work instead of taking public transit. We can't take my son out to go do anything fun on the weekends (like the National Kite Festival or the cherry blossoms), but it's also been rainy most weekends.

That said, I voted "that ship has already sailed" because my son is a toddler.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

Not so much crack up, staying at home is easy but if this lasts more than a couple months I worry about what will happen to our employees.

Monoriu

As far as day to day routines go, the current state of affairs is a big plus for me.  A lot more time to stay home and that's exactly the way I like it.  So from that point of view I am ok.

My biggest problem of course is that this is totally contrary to humanity's ultimate goal of endless GDP growth.  So from that point of view I do want things to go back to normal as soon as possible.

My second biggest concern is that this prevents me from going to other countries.  I do like to go elsewhere occasionally.  But I don't mind staying in Hong Kong for a while. 

jimmy olsen

I've basically been stuck at home for at least 5 weeks. Just leave every few days for a quick stop at the market down the street and that's it.  :homestar:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

A little bit option 1, a little bit option 5.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I am stuck in a way too small flat with my gf. If only it had waited a few more weeks to get the move sorted into a new house with a garden it could have been more doable.
Like this isn't great.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I think the lack of social interaction with other humans is going to get to me. Skype etc will help keep that at bay but I like people, I like pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, bookshops, busy parks in the summer with a big bag of cans - social spaces, even if I'm there on my own.

The other thing - after two weeks - that I think will get to me at some point is the inability to plan. So while I was injured and trapped in my house, I'd have friends visit which helped. But I'd also make plans - there were films I wanted to go and see in the cinema or little trips I wanted to make and even big holidays I was planning. And that kind of helped with not being able to leave my house and reduced mobility, I now find it kind of difficult that I can't even be thinking about or making those types of plans because I'm not sure when (or if) things will return to normal.

So the narrowing of my physical space to where I can walk on crutches and time to the next day (in my flat) is going to get to me.

Edit: Also because of my injury I have mainly been in my flat and not able to leave since early February. It's been a slightly different experience for the last 2-3 weeks. But not a world away from what I was already having to do.
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2020, 08:17:33 AM
durka

Yi, I've worked from home for a while, and am pretty anti-social unlike Sheilbh; so under normal circumstances my closest answer would be, personally "I've never been happier, hope this goes on forever". However, as has been noted in the main Covid 19 thread my current circumstances are not normal.

Thanks for creating a poll where there is no option I can vote for - unless, of course, I declare myself to be already crackers, but that has nothing to do with the lockdown. :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Zanza

Some weeks I guess. After Easter...

Josephus

I'm pretty much there.  :(

I was saying to someone the other day, just over a month ago I was looking forward to a vacation I had planned in Malta for June. In the heart of winter driving, I was picturing myself, my first evening there, sitting on the hotel balcony facing the Mediterranean, drinking a beer and enjoying life.
Now that's all come to shit. Not just the holiday. Looks like I'm losing my job soon. And no matter how long this virus lockdown lasts, what comes after it is going to be extremely difficult for most people. Lifes gonna be shit for several years.
A few years ago, my parents, who are elderly were having trouble going out, and i made the decision of moving into their home, it made more sense than me driving there every day to visit. So now, I'm stuck in a house with two elderly people, who are bored silly.
And yeah, I go through my days now, with a terrible knot in my stomach.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

So far I'm holding up, but I'm a quite social person and I do sorely miss having a beer with my friends, lunch with my parents, going to the movies, walking on the street, the lot... I do skype meetings - tomorrow we're having lunch together with my parents and my brother, for example - but I'll go nuts if this lasts two months.

Also massively worried about my finances, since summer is usually a very dry season for me, and this is set up to end pretty much right before that.

Iormlund

I miss social life. Coffee breaks, eating out, going for some beers, that sort of thing. My flat is also way too small for this kind of thing.
As for how long, I'm afraid we will see. Even if general quarantine is lifted, I can't see myself working normally with the bug out there. I might have to go on medical leave and continued isolation. Which would suck balls.

Also worried about finances, of course. It was hard enough to win projects competing with Eastern Europe, and now this. I very much doubt cars are going to take off (haha!) until we get a working vaccine. So I could very possibly lose my job. And it's not the sort of job in abundance in Spain.

Maladict

I worry about loved ones and, to a much lesser extent, my job.
Otherwise I'm perfectly happy, me and my gf like our alone time and we're getting it in spades.

fromtia

I live with my girlfriend, her younger brother aged 19 and my son aged 17 who spends a few days each week at his moms house. I own the house its a decent size and has a nice yard. My girlfriend is studying and worked part time until her place shuttered. My son is in high school, now studying online. GF's brother had recently come to live with us to get a job, get a bit of money saved and get his life going - not going to be too easy to do that at the moment.I usually work a lot and I'm the breadwinner for this household. My work is closed for the forseeable.

All four of us a very quiet and rather introverted, we keep the house very clean. So it's perfectly pleasant in most respects.We have been fixing up the backyard.

I am concerned about money, that's for sure. Trying not to dwell on it too much - with the most recent rescue package I'll be able to survive in lockdown mode for a while. Im not enjoying not being able to travel, which I love to do. No trip to the UK, no Seattle, no NYC. It's an uneasy feeling not knowing whats coming up. It's also all very abrupt and rather disorienting, even though I started changing my plans in February as I thought this might get bad - no idea it would be this bad. I think I'll be losing my health insurance for me and my son shortly.

I have determined to accept what's happening and put the gift of time to the best use I can. I get a bit of exercise, much more than usual, try to spend a bit of time drawing, which I love but never have time for, try to read and just enjoy having nowhere to be.

I talk to family and friends a lot, try to take long breaks from the news, talk to my work colleagues. We all agree that our feet have stopped hurting.

I can do this for a month or two.

"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.