49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Eddie Teach

I feel like you're overcompensating for the gas station food.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 08, 2020, 09:01:46 AM
I live in the city now and we do not have gas station cafes here.  That's a rural phenomenon in KY. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Still no yeast, well at least the more traditional type I need.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2020, 09:58:48 AM
I live in the city now and we do not have gas station cafes here.  That's a rural phenomenon in KY. :)
we used to have some of that, in the past.  They're mostly gone now, though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on July 08, 2020, 11:25:19 AM

We managed to score some this week, although we stopped trying for several weeks before that.

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on July 08, 2020, 11:25:19 AM
I've been sourdoughing for the past few months - but yeah I still don't see yeast in the supermarkets.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I never tried to join the bread craze / only had a few weeks where it was challenging to get online orders of bread from standard outlets.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2020, 09:58:48 AM

My gas station around the corner has a food truck most days :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2020, 03:24:23 PM
What kind of food truck? :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2020, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2020, 03:24:23 PM
What kind of food truck? :cool:

Name of the truck is Burger World (not a Beavis & Butthead reference, sadly).  Burgers and fries are good, but the best thing about them are their inarticulate, unintentionally hilarious FB posts.  I want to help keep them in business for the entertainment value :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

There's a food truck guy down here called Holy Smokes, The BBQ Cowboy.  I don't buy his stuff anymore (I no longer live anywhere near where he typically parks) but it was fantastic.  But I still follow him on FB for the LOLZ too. :lol:  I'm pretty sure he has some sort of brain damage based on the stuff he posts, or maybe he's inhaled too much hickory smoke.

Admiral Yi

Only about 70% maskage at the supermercado today.

Drug store was closed.  C19 outbreak?

Tamas

What's starting to freak me out a bit is not being able (well, willing) to visit home.

It's been 7 months now that I was back in Hungary, it's a record by a long stretch. I was considering going at the start of August but seeing the numbers build up around Europe I have decided against it. Hungary's decision to quarantine people arriving from the UK kind of confirmed it was a good call.

I am not really worried about myself, the small chance of me catching it and then the even smaller chance of it becoming really serious would worth it, but I dread the thought of gathering up the virus at the airport or the plane and then spreading it to my parents and grandmother, the latter being 98 years old, my father over 70, and my mother in less than stellar health.

So, running that risk for a long weekend of a visit seems silly. But I feel like I'll just have to go for a couple of weeks around Christmas, probably going to risk buying the ticket and then not going if things get too bad. My homesickness is reaching levels where I caught myself seriously contemplating moving back home, a couple of times. :P

Barrister

Tamas, why don't you just drive?  I looked it up - it's scarcely longer than the distance between Edmonton and Winnipeg, which I've done a whole bunch of times.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Could you work from Hungary? That way you could go for, say, a month and do the quarantine then have a few weeks with the family?

I've friends who have gone back to home countries for a while because if we're all working from home the location of that home doesn't really matter that much.
Let's bomb Russia!