6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 03, 2020, 03:49:56 AM
Legal weed?
He's a square who won't even drink, let alone do drugs of any kind. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Iormlund

To my amazement, we've ordered the machines I have been working on for the past couple years. I really thought corporate was going to clamp down on investment.

This makes me feel a bit more secure on the job front. It's going to take one to two years to build, commission and validate them.

OTOH, word from the powers that be is to make processes as labour efficient as possible.

KRonn

My company put out guidelines for those wishing to return to their work places. Nothing definite about returning yet, but they'll limit numbers in offices, have sign-in sheets, and other stuff. But it'll be hard to social distance for those of us in cubicles. So there isn't any haste to return to work places anyways. I think I'll be working from home for a good while yet.

Tamas

I have had a few days taken off but I have decided against visiting home start of August.

It feels like a second wave is brewing and I don't want to bring it home to my parents and grandmother.

Josquius

My gf is in a similar place Tamas. Her dad has a awakened immune system and apparently a second wave already starting up in Switzerland. Really wants to see them but not if she risks being trapped there, or worse putting him in danger.
Plus flying is massively unreliable at the moment. A friend of hers trying to make a similar trip ended up booking flights with two airlines only for both to cancel the same leg.

Why corona isn't bigger in Japan. This is something that has intruiged me

BBC News - Coronavirus: Japan's mysteriously low virus death rate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53188847

The theory that particularly stands out is that something similar but less bad may have passed through previously.
It may be wishful thinking at work like my interest in the theories of illness earlier in the year being corona, but I will say in the 3 years I was in Japan, I caught the flu seriously 2 of those. Perhaps the only time in my life, certainly of adulthood.
It could just be bad luck on my part of course. And I don't care too much to bother others about their experience. But if such diseases are so rampant in Japan it would explain things.
And makes me wonder whether they could be a path to vaccination.... But then they're so unknown so probably not.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I am curious if anyone, particular Americans, have thought chicken has tasted weird during the pandemic.

I've had chicken three times (twice from the Thai joint and once from the Regal Beagle) and all three times the chicken had this styrofoam texture, like it had been sitting in a deep freeze for three years.

I'm thinking all the meat packing plant problems meant they had to dig into the Strategic Chicken Reserve.

Iormlund

Haven't noticed any unusual taste lately. I'd remember, since dysgeusia/anosmia are the best indicators of 'rona infection. I'd probably be freaking out.  :blush:

PJL

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2020, 09:53:09 AM
I am curious if anyone, particular Americans, have thought chicken has tasted weird during the pandemic.

I've had chicken three times (twice from the Thai joint and once from the Regal Beagle) and all three times the chicken had this styrofoam texture, like it had been sitting in a deep freeze for three years.

I'm thinking all the meat packing plant problems meant they had to dig into the Strategic Chicken Reserve.

I guess you don't feel like chicken tonight then...

viper37

isn't this wad for fast-food?  :sleep:
No, I did not notice anything like that up here.
What I did notice however was that food on the groceries' shelves is awfully close to peremption date. I've lost a lot of meat and I'm no the only one.  Can't leave steak or pork in the fridge more than 1-2 days otherwise it smells awful.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Neither of those is a fast food joint.

Actually now that you mention it the Wendy's chicken samwishes I've had were much better.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2020, 09:44:52 PM
Actually now that you mention it the Wendy's chicken samwishes I've had were much better.
I'm guessing Wendy and other chains have dedicated farms and don't rely on a distributor/intermediary.
It might have been unfrozen and refrozen somewhere along the chain of distribution.  Spent a little too much time in the plant, spent a little too much time in the truck, spent a little too much time in the wholesaler, spent a little too much time in the final delivery to the restaurant, everytime unfreezing a little and refreezing later during processing. 
Could give that impression, especially if it wasn't packaged right to begin with.  It could also be that, not being packaged correctly before freezing.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2020, 09:44:52 PM
Neither of those is a fast food joint.

Fat pills. Avoid, Danger Will Robinson.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Can't say I've noticed a difference, but don't eat out much, mostly cooking at home.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Nope.  Last night I grilled chicken suya (African style kebabs) and they tasted fine, and last week I cooked Singapore chicken rice, and the chicken was perfect... the latter is a pretty light/delicate recipe so I'm sure if there was something up with the chicken I would have noticed.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points