I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Josquius

Think depression is hitting me. So sleepy and hard to get enthusiasm to be remotely productive with work. I dont cope with enforced sameness. Was already so overdue for a holiday.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2020, 03:34:23 PM
Think depression is hitting me. So sleepy and hard to get enthusiasm to be remotely productive with work. I dont cope with enforced sameness. Was already so overdue for a holiday.

Might be Covid!

Syt

I've received my stimulus voucher. €25 for a meal and (non-alcoholic) drinks in participating restaurants.  :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I agree with Squeeze's point about the Ground Hog Dayishness.

KRonn

Quote from: merithyn on June 12, 2020, 12:53:02 PM
Our CEO made the offer to anyone in the company who wants to WFH fulltime permanently to be able to do so.

I'm considering this option so that once things ease up and a vaccine is available, I can travel without having to worry about vacation days.

Sounds good. I'm wondering if my company will do something like this also. Pre-Apocalypse they were allowing people to work from home two days a week. I never did with such a short commute and only working mornings a few days a week. But now I want to work from home all or most of the time.

KRonn

Traffic around town has picked up to about normal, also the spam phone calls have been back. Damn, and things had been so quiet, and traffic so light! 

Admiral Yi

Went to the Regal Beagle to pick up some take out.  Place was pretty crowded for 6:45.  I was the only one with a mask.  Felt kind of out of place.  No social distancing was evident.  Hope we don't go Texas.

Eddie Teach

Is Regal Beagle the actual name of the establishment or just a nick you created?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 08:24:46 PM
Went to the Regal Beagle to pick up some take out.  Place was pretty crowded for 6:45.  I was the only one with a mask.  Felt kind of out of place.  No social distancing was evident.  Hope we don't go Texas.
I can't help but think of the mice with toxoplasmosis, who become attracted to cats rather than afraid of them.  I wonder if there is an equivalent among people that makes them seek out Covid-19 rather than steer clear of it.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2020, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 08:24:46 PM
I can't help but think of the mice with toxoplasmosis, who become attracted to cats rather than afraid of them.  I wonder if there is an equivalent among people that makes them seek out Covid-19 rather than steer clear of it.

The opposite, thick-as-shit people like to clump together with other equally thick people; Coronavirus profits.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 26, 2020, 08:36:29 PM
Is Regal Beagle the actual name of the establishment or just a nick you created?

The actual name of the establishment is American Legion Post 17.  The Regal Beagle was the bar in Three's Company that Larry always wanted to go to.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on June 26, 2020, 09:05:08 PM
The opposite, thick-as-shit people like to clump together with other equally thick people; Coronavirus profits.

I know and get a along with lots of these folks so let's drop it down a notch.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 09:05:38 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 26, 2020, 08:36:29 PM

The actual name of the establishment is American Legion Post 17.  The Regal Beagle was the bar in Three's Company that Larry always wanted to go to.

There's a couple of bars in Calgary that go by the name the Regal Beagle (not sure if they're related or not).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 26, 2020, 09:05:08 PM

I know and get a along with lots of these folks so let's drop it down a notch.

Ooops, I wasn't referring to your bar friends, but to the people floating the virus guidlines and the distancing advice;the perfect example of which were the Brits deluging our seaside towns over the last couple of days with their pollution, rubbish and bad behaviour.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Went down town last night with a couple buds after 9 holes of golf.  Dinner and drinks. 

Uber is working, if maybe a little slow to respond.  Drivers both masked, we wore masks, no one in the front seat.

Most wait staff in the resto and bar we went to were masked.  I got temperature zapped at the resto.  I asked the dude and he said no one has been rejected yet.

I dropped by my jailbait karaoke joint and dude I know says they were doing karaoke and place was pretty crowded but then last week customers disappeared, around the time Texas's bad numbers made the news.