I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Zanza

You order online, a supermarket employee collects the things and you pick it up without having to go into the supermarket (or maybe just briefly).

Maladict

11B4V

Quote from: Zanza on October 17, 2020, 12:40:24 PM
You order online, a supermarket employee collects the things and you pick it up without having to go into the supermarket (or maybe just briefly).

Even the Fred Meyer and Safeway in this hick town has that now.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

With cases spiking in Vienna and Austria, I'm scheduled for two large in person meetings next week. One with external vendors, where we try to find a better location than their office which has a small meeting room without windows, or our office. The other is between our team and management, the latter of which have been traveling a fair bit throughout Europe (Germany, Czech Rep, Italy, Switzerland) in recent weeks).

:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2020, 10:37:06 AM
With cases spiking in Vienna and Austria, I'm scheduled for two large in person meetings next week. One with external vendors, where we try to find a better location than their office which has a small meeting room without windows, or our office. The other is between our team and management, the latter of which have been traveling a fair bit throughout Europe (Germany, Czech Rep, Italy, Switzerland) in recent weeks).

Tell them you've developed a cough.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on October 22, 2020, 11:33:28 AM

Tell them you've developed a dry cough.

Fixed!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 22, 2020, 11:41:46 AM

Tell them you've developed a dry cough.

Fixed!

Not being able to appreciate food as much because of sudden loss of smell might also help.

alfred russel

US air travel hit 1 million for the first day since March - that is still down from the ~2.6 million a day in 2019 but activity is picking up.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Problem with that idea is Syt would be told to isolate for 10-14 days and get a Covid test.  And probably still expected to work from home.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2020, 11:54:23 AM

Problem with that idea is Syt would be told to isolate for 10-14 days and get a Covid test.  And probably still expected to work from home.

But he will avoid the two in person meetings.

Eddie Teach

His employer won't have any power to enforce quarantine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2020, 11:54:23 AM

I once "faked" illness to get out of school. My mom insisted against my protest to go to the doctor. Turned out I had measles (vaccination against measles was not a thing when I grew up). :D

I'm kinda worried to jinx it. I will go and probably wear a mask during meetings. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2020, 01:17:06 PMI once "faked" illness to get out of school. My mom insisted against my protest to go to the doctor. Turned out I had measles (vaccination against measles was not a thing when I grew up). :D

How Karmic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 22, 2020, 01:01:21 PM
His employer won't have any power to enforce quarantine.

If he wanted to keep his job they do.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?