I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

derspiess

I'm okay with ramping up targeting penalties.  Helmet-to-helmet cheap shots have no place in the game.

Also, Valmy: Texas will beat WVU this year.  I am concerned as to whether WVU can even beat Kansas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

My son's 7th grade team and nephew's 8th grade team were able to complete their football seasons last night with no Covid interruptions.  Did not have a game or practice cancelled.  Parents were generally pretty good about social distancing and masking up during games.  The state's 15% capacity restriction for an outdoor venue was dumb but whatever.

So now we get to worry about whether we'll have a basketball season :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2020, 05:25:51 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2020, 04:45:18 AM
My heating is fixed! :w00t:

:thumbsup:
As an aside - I find it really weird that in the middle of a pandemic loads of people have decided to re-do their kitchens and bathrooms and basically invite strange workmen into their home for weeks at a time :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

I'd like someone to finish renovating my bathroom, right now.

I was DIY it but I'm over it*.

*I'm not patient enough for tiling.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2020, 08:41:15 AM
I'm okay with ramping up targeting penalties.  Helmet-to-helmet cheap shots have no place in the game.

I'm annoyed because they tossed two Hurricanes out for hits on the golden boy Trevor Lawrence. Neither was called on the field and neither were helmet to helmet.

I can't find it on youtube, but the first was a late hit as Trevor Lawrence slid. A Miami guy hit him as he slid, obviously late--three officials threw flags--but the hit wasn't that hard and he didn't lead with his helmet (led with his shoulder). If that is targeting, every late hit on a QB sliding is targeting--you can't hit a guy low that is sliding. And yeah, I get that you shouldn't hit late, but I have a lot of sympathy for guys trying to stop QBs that are running downfield and weigh 220 pounds and slide when they get close.

The second had Trevor Lawrence hit as he threw from the pocket. No flag on the play, and Lawrence was hurt. As he was being medically attended to, the review booth came in and said it was targeting. Basically from my vantage point it might have been spearing--Lawrence was hurt because the Miami guy planted his helmet into his ribcage/abdomen. The thing about "don't lead with your helmet" that never gets addressed is if you want to tackle your opponent squared up / in his center and get any sort of leverage (moreso the lower you go) you have to lead with your helmet. It is physics--a human being is basically a stick and if he tilts forward his head is the leading part of his body.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 16, 2020, 09:08:50 AM
I'd like someone to finish renovating my bathroom, right now.

I was DIY it but I'm over it*.

*I'm not patient enough for tiling.

I'm with you on that.  I'm all about DIY but sometimes there is a learning curve for home improvement that I'm not patient enough to overcome.  I can't caulk to save my life.  Watched my dad do it a million times but I just can't get it right.

Josquius

I've got a tonne of works still need doing here. Really need to get a move on with my extension plans.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

My summer project, new tile on walls...need to regrout the floor which was done 3 years ago.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Duque de Bragança

Lockdown Curfew in Paris and 8 other big cities starts at midnight CET tonight. So Friday is the last day to go out a bit at night.

Zanza

There were big noticeable gaps in the toilet paper section in the supermarket today. :ph34r:

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza on October 17, 2020, 09:26:24 AM
There were big noticeable gaps in the toilet paper section in the supermarket today. :ph34r:

The number of people waiting for their click and collect today picked up considerably compared to previous weeks and months. We probably need to order a pile of toilet paper next weekend, just in case. :D

Richard Hakluyt

132 rolls in the Hakluyt strategic reserve  :cool:

merithyn

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2020, 09:40:31 AM
Quote from: Zanza on October 17, 2020, 09:26:24 AM

The number of people waiting for their click and collect today picked up considerably compared to previous weeks and months. We probably need to order a pile of toilet paper next weekend, just in case. :D

:unsure:

What's that?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...