I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Grey Fox

I went grocery shopping. A endeavour in itself since I hadn't done that in ~5 years(SO handles that in normal times).

It took hours :bleeding:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

I've been working from home, like everyone else in our office.

I had no idea what the pandemic would do to my work. As it turns out, I'm busier than ever, for now: given that I do drug and medical device regulatory work, I guess that is no surprise. 😟

In fact, I have more to do than I want. And I thought I would get some drawing done, but I have zero motivation.

For outdoor exercise, I walk in the local cemetery - every once I a while I find something new and interesting.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on March 28, 2020, 04:31:31 PM
For outdoor exercise, I walk in the local cemetery - every once I a while I find something new and interesting.

Fresh piles of earth?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Ventured out into the wasteland for a supply run...

I was a bit surprised that the local Morrisons was actually pretty deserted at around 5pm on a Saturday evening...so I only got to see the SD infrastructure in place, and not the full human effect.

But...I did get my favorite pizza (yes, the best pizza I've found here in the UK is from a grocery store...and it is pretty good!), and some carrot cake.  :licklips:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 28, 2020, 04:58:41 PM
But...I did get my favorite pizza (yes, the best pizza I've found here in the UK is from a grocery store...and it is pretty good!), and some carrot cake.  :licklips:

As long as it wasn't from a gas station.  That would be a no no.

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 28, 2020, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 28, 2020, 04:31:31 PM

Fresh piles of earth?

Heh, that would be new, but not very interesting. 😄

I meant new to me.

Example: today I found this headstone:

https://imgur.com/a/97Z4ji2

It marks the grave of "Wally" Flood, the engineer of the Great Escape in WW2.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Depends on what's under them, or no longer under them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 28, 2020, 04:58:41 PM
Ventured out into the wasteland for a supply run...

I was a bit surprised that the local Morrisons was actually pretty deserted at around 5pm on a Saturday evening...so I only got to see the SD infrastructure in place, and not the full human effect.

I've only being venturing out after 5.30-6pm, this evening stopped of at Waitrose at 7.15pm and they had quite a lot of provisions, even full milk, but still none of loose tea I like.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

I get to venture out tomorrow at 7am when the Safeway opens up.  Most people in Santa Cruz do not really believe that any time before 10am actually exists on Sundays, so I hope it is like last week and I can find the things I need - like 30,000 rolls of toilet paper, 1 bag of all purpose flour, and some yeast.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on March 28, 2020, 06:47:16 PM
I get to venture out tomorrow at 7am when the Safeway opens up.  Most people in Santa Cruz does not really believe that any time before 10am actually exists on Sundays, so I hope it is like last week and I can find the things I need - like 30,000 rolls of toilet paper, 1 bag of all purpose flour, and some yeast.

We're attacking the problem and the masses from different ends, but to the same effect.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fromtia

"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

katmai

Back home in Anchorage, now have to figure about grocery delivery as not suppose to leave house beyond fresh air.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

So my plan worked, 7am in Santa Cruz I felt like Will Smith racing around an empty city (well, town), as I made my way to Safeway.  Inside the store shelves were getting the last few item on them, the employees all had a 1000 yard stare - they knew what was coming.

I got trash bags, some fruit, pasta, rice, eggs....and there was FLOUR AND YEAST there.

When I checked there was TP and kleenex there too - likely all are gone by now, but for that glorious moment at 7am everything was like normal.  Well, except for the taped lines keeping carts 6 feet apart at the checkout, the clear plexi-glass shields in front of the checkers, and curious lack of canned soup in any way.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Went grocery shopping today. Plenty of flour, toilet paper, paper towels, and yeast (in the jars only, though; no packets).

First time I've left the house since last Sunday's shopping foray except to walk the dog. It's getting.... harder.

Looking ahead to potential trips is helping. Something to hope for is supposed to make all of this easier, right? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maladict

I'm noticing I'm paying less attention to the news these last few days. It's just too depressing.