I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

The Larch

Beard trimming also makes wearing a mask much more comfortable. At times towards the end of lockout I had a pretty bushy beard and wearing a mask in those situations was not a good look.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2020, 04:44:42 AMI've only met up with friends twice since this all began.

That sounds a bit crazy to me. Aren't you getting some kind of cabin fever?

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 04:50:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2020, 04:44:42 AMI've only met up with friends twice since this all began.

:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 05:17:25 AM
You bunch of recluses.  :P
:lol: This is another different people experiencing lockdown differently.

I've been out quite a lot to see people or just go to the pub or a cafe etc. I had an extra couple of months of basically being in lockdown with my injury in January which probably made me a little more stir-crazy/needing human interaction :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2020, 05:23:50 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 05:17:25 AM
You bunch of recluses.  :P
:lol: This is another different people experiencing lockdown differently.

I've been out quite a lot to see people or just go to the pub or a cafe etc. I had an extra couple of months of basically being in lockdown with my injury in January which probably made me a little more stir-crazy/needing human interaction :lol:

Well you get a pass because of your injury but in general this might be going smoother if people could have refrained from non-essential contacts for the time being. Quite clearly the rush back to normalise was premature.

I am also getting now a bit antsy over when we can resume to move without wanting to avoid crowds, although for me it is mostly about visiting my family finally, as that's the main routine of my old life that this thing have destroyed that I actually really miss. 

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 05:35:29 AM
I am also getting now a bit antsy over when we can resume to move without wanting to avoid crowds, although for me it is mostly about visiting my family finally, as that's the main routine of my old life that this thing have destroyed that I actually really miss.
I am slightly concerned about Christmas given my dad's age makes him very high risk. I just don't feel it's going to be possible or safe :(

I also, selfishly, really miss not having a proper holiday.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2020, 05:43:36 AM
I am slightly concerned about Christmas given my dad's age makes him very high risk. I just don't feel it's going to be possible or safe :(

Yeah I am really worried. :( Not only my parents are a couple of years from/past 70, my grandma who is practically the same household, is closing in on 99. How will I be able to justify going through two airports to visit them? Not to mention my in-laws who are in a third country, and either we'd visit both families further increasing risk on everyone, or my wife and I fly to our respective families only and risk being separated for weeks or even months if the winter makes more draconian measures necessary.

It is just a mess. Hence my frustration with people who just could not stop partying for a few more months. Screw them all.

garbon

It has been quite tedious. However, for a while, many things I liked to do outside the home (travel, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas) were closed. And while they have now re-opened, I mostly tend to think is this activity something I'm willing to take a chance getting sick doing taking into account my African-American heritage and hypertension. And thus far, no activity has seemed appealing enough to want to risk it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 05:50:39 AM
Yeah I am really worried. :( Not only my parents are a couple of years from/past 70, my grandma who is practically the same household, is closing in on 99. How will I be able to justify going through two airports to visit them? Not to mention my in-laws who are in a third country, and either we'd visit both families further increasing risk on everyone, or my wife and I fly to our respective families only and risk being separated for weeks or even months if the winter makes more draconian measures necessary.
Yeah it is the travel bit that worries me.

What's the situation in Hungary when you arrive? Do you have to quarantine or do you have the option (like, I want to say, Greece) of staying in a hotel in quarantine for 72 hours while you're tested? Because I suppose if you confirm you're okay once you land you can then travel on by car without any increased risk.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 05:50:39 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2020, 05:43:36 AM

It is just a mess. Hence my frustration with people who just could not stop partying for a few more months. Screw them all.

My family has now moved to a plan for a digital Christmas. We've another conference call tomorrow to talk over some of the different activities we plan to do remotely (gingerbread house competition, hosting photos of Christmas decorations/food prep, digital advent calendar, etc...).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2020, 06:18:01 AM

It has been quite tedious. However, for a while, many things I liked to do outside the home (travel, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas) were closed. And while they have now re-opened, I mostly tend to think is this activity something I'm willing to take a chance getting sick doing taking into account my African-American heritage and hypertension. And thus far, no activity has seemed appealing enough to want to risk it.

Pretty much our case as well. Do I want to go out travel/cinema/restaurant? Absolutely. Do I want to do these when there is a non-negligible risk that I end up with a sever case of flu for a few weeks? No. I am not THAT eager for these activities.

DGuller

The lockdown helped me make the decision to transition from a balding man to a bald man.  Some may say though that the transition happened a lot earlier than that.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.