49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

The Larch

So mostly laziness then.  :lol:

Or a good excuse to go for the hobo look?

Tamas

Single guys have an excuse, the rest of you should buy a trimmer and have your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband give you a buzz cut. If it's short enough it's not that complicated, just need to do finishing touches with a pair of scissors. Easy.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 03:47:03 AM
Single guys have an excuse, the rest of you should buy a trimmer and have your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband give you a buzz cut. If it's short enough it's not that complicated, just need to do finishing touches with a pair of scissors. Easy.

Heh, that reminds me of a comment made by a Polish female friend of mine about one of the good things of moving to Spain, and it was that men had more than two haircuts, as it happened back home (buzzed and shaven).

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 03:46:02 AM

A big part of it, I admit, is that I barely see anyone outside of my parents (and my mom always wanted me to go for the long hair look, so she isn't going to call me on it) and I kinda lost the sense of my self-appearance. Oddly enough, I shave a lot. I think I might be starting to lose my mind, actually  :lol:   

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 29, 2020, 03:53:58 AM

A big part of it, I admit, is that I barely see anyone outside of my parents (and my mom always wanted me to go for the long hair look, so she isn't going to call me on it) and I kinda lost the sense of my self-appearance. Oddly enough, I shave a lot. I think I might be starting to lose my mind, actually  :lol:

Seriously, how did you isolate yourself so much? I mean, restrictions have been off for a while already.

Duque de Bragança

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 04:01:39 AM

Seriously, how did you isolate yourself so much? I mean, restrictions have been off for a while already.

It's not all by choice. My closest friends have shut off completely, and outside of them a sizable part of my social life was socializing with people I work with - and everything is now on Zoom. The only person outside my family that I have been seeing in those two last months was that girl that ultimately friendzoned me  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 29, 2020, 04:13:41 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 04:01:39 AM

It's not all by choice. My closest friends have shut off completely, and outside of them a sizable part of my social life was socializing with people I work with - and everything is now on Zoom. The only person outside my family that I have been seeing in those two last months was that girl that ultimately friendzoned me  :lol:

What about your gaming group? Or are them the ones who shut off completely?

celedhring

These are the ones. We used to meet weekly to play live. Now, we still play remotely via Tabletopia, but it's just more people on screens.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 29, 2020, 04:22:25 AM
These are the ones. We used to meet weekly to play live. Now, we still play remotely via Tabletopia, but it's just more people on screens.

Paranoid much? I mean, we've been having our gaming sessions back in schedule since june or so already.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 04:25:53 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 29, 2020, 04:22:25 AM

Paranoid much? I mean, we've been having our gaming sessions back in schedule since june or so already.

-_- What can I say? Two of them still live with their parents and are really super-careful about exposing them to this shit. Can't really push them to meet. Over here the situation is worse than in your turf, too.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2020, 03:26:15 AM
One of the first things I did when lockout restrictions started to get lifted back in spring here was getting a haircut and a proper beard trim, and since then I haven't had any problem in getting one every couple of months or so. How come do you guys take so long to get it cut?

Some of what Celery said, plus performance art.

Josquius

I've seen the same with tabletop games here. The local board game cafe looks set for closing down because nobody is coming out.
It doesn't help that they're ordered to clean and quarantine their games after use.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I cut my hair myself 5 times during lockdown :blush:

And went to a barbers in the first week restrictions were lifted.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I've not cut my hair once since lockdown though I have cut my husband's hair a few times.

I've only met up with friends twice since this all began.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.