I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Barrister

Well crap.  Overnight developed a cough, sore throat, runny nose.

Alberta Health Services guidelines are clear.  I am to self-isolate and get tested.  Already booked a test for tomorrow at 11 (not testing slots open for today).  Hopefully I can get results over the weekend.

Now to see if I can get someone in my office to grab a couple of files and my laptop and bring them out to me in my car...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Hope it's a false alarm. Best of luck.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 24, 2020, 09:25:50 AM

Alberta Health Services guidelines are clear.  I am to self-isolate and get tested.  Already booked a test for tomorrow at 11 (not testing slots open for today).  Hopefully I can get results over the weekend.

Now to see if I can get someone in my office to grab a couple of files and my laptop and bring them out to me in my car...

It is an odd to say this, but I hope you have a bad cold  :)

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on September 24, 2020, 09:25:50 AM

Good luck!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Runny nose means it's very likely not covid. Good to get tested in any case.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2020, 01:08:33 PM
Runny nose means it's very likely not covid. Good to get tested in any case.

Yeah I know, but did the AHS (Alberta Health Services) self-check and it said to self-isolate and test with my symptoms.

Been hearing a couple different things about timeline to get results.  Assuming a negative test, hoping to get back to actual work on Monday, maybe so I can even make it to the boys hockey practices on Sunday.

Zoupa

Took over a week for me to get result back, but that was in the early days when everything was chaotic. I think the response time has decreased significantly by now.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2020, 01:28:03 PM
Took over a week for me to get result back, but that was in the early days when everything was chaotic. I think the response time has decreased significantly by now.

Yeah things are much improved from the spring.  I think they were up to 24 hour turnaround by August, but I think things have slowed since kids returned to school.

Josquius

I've had a few scares over these past few months. It does tend to make everything in the slightest similar seem like potential corona.
Hope it's not.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2020, 01:28:03 PM

Quebec time is back to ~8 days now. The test gets done quickly, informing people is the weak link in the chain.

@BB I'm surprised they recommend testing without a fever.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2020, 02:01:14 PM
I've had a few scares over these past few months. It does tend to make everything in the slightest similar seem like potential corona.
Hope it's not.

Supposedly Alberta has the highest testing per capita in Canada.  In August they were offering tests to anyone, no questions asked (again with schools back they've backed off on that a bit).

Which is good for me at least.  I can return to work with a negative test.  Otherwise I'd be stuck here for 10-14 days.

Barrister

Off for my test shortly.  Not sure what result I'd prefer - a negative so I can get back to the office, or a positive so I can "get it over with".

Meh -probably still prefer a negative.

Syt

We'll be back at the office on Monday, on rotation. In our team of 4, only 2 are permitted into the office, so it will be working from home 2 days, and working at the office 2 days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Went to grab a bite at the restaurant by the factory, for the first time since February.

Both waitresses looked worried at me and asked if I was sick. And it's not the first time that's happened lately. :hmm:

I guess I've lost more weight than I thought during lockdown.