RIP Bill Russel, Basketball's Greatest of All TIme

Started by grumbler, July 31, 2022, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Russel made it to age 88, so went out a winner there, too, but his basketball record is unmatched:
Played 13 years in the NBA, during which time
1.  His Celtics won 11 NBA Championshiops
2. Russel himself was an All-Star 12 times and league MVP 5 times
3. Russel recovered more than 1,000 rebounds 12 times

In his two years as a starter at the University of San Francisco, he led his teams two two national championships and he won an Olympic Gold Medal. 

The man was adored by everyone he met, opponents included (he and arch-frenemy Wilt Chamberlain often spent the holidays with both families).

He will be remembered.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Olympic, NCAA, and NBA legend. RIP. He was always such an awesome elder statesmen for Basketball, he will be missed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2022, 10:39:57 PMHis daughter sexually assaulted me.

She's sixty years old.  Got a grandma fetish going?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 01, 2022, 05:45:25 AMWhat?

I think I've told the story before.  I was in grad school and a classmate was roomies with Karen Russell.  They had a joint birthday party so we met up like 5 PM at a pub.  I walk in, Karen comes over to me, tells me she's had her eye on me, then starts humping my leg and pinching my nipples.  Then she says "I'm 30(?) today and my friends have bought me a shot for every year I've been alive.  I look up (she's huge) and her face is covered in booze induced flop sweat.  I say "you really need to pace yourself."  Then she makes a beeline for the bathroom and spends the rest of the time puking. 

We never discussed the matter again.