Main Menu

Humankind - the Civ killer?

Started by Syt, February 06, 2020, 01:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I don't know. Sounds Russian to me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

There is a week long free beta play through of, I think 100 turns.  They just ask that you answer some questions when you finish it.  You can replay it as many times as you want during the week.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 24, 2020, 10:29:39 AM
There is a week long free beta play through of, I think 100 turns.  They just ask that you answer some questions when you finish it.  You can replay it as many times as you want during the week.

:cool:

Thanks for that CC, nice find, I'll give it a go.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Any of you who try it, please AAR here
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Not really enough turns for an ARR.

But there is a lot going on.  Interesting choices to make regarding civics, religious values, diplomacy, along with the usual tech and development.  I really like the fact city zones are as big as you want to build them. 

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 24, 2020, 11:58:45 PM

But there is a lot going on.  Interesting choices to make regarding civics, religious values, diplomacy, along with the usual tech and development.  I really like the fact city zones are as big as you want to build them.

So, you like?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2020, 06:59:20 AM

So, you like?

You can try it, the demo is available thru Stadia.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2020, 06:59:20 AM

So, you like?

Yes, its going to be a great game.  But easy enough for you to see for yourself.  You just need to sign up to Stadia with an email address and decline all their offerings.

Maladict

QuotePlanned Release Date: April 2021
Pre-Purchase HUMANKIND™ Digital Deluxe Edition Now

:lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Maladict on October 27, 2020, 03:37:33 PM

QuotePlanned Release Date: April 2021
Pre-Purchase HUMANKIND™ Digital Deluxe Edition Now

:lol:
Dman. I'll have forgotten about it by then.
PDH!

DGuller

Jesus, these timelines.  Paradox would already be on their fourth DLC by this point, and only a year or two away from having a working game.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on October 28, 2020, 11:13:04 AM
Jesus, these timelines.  Paradox would already be on their fourth DLC by this point, and only a year or two away from having a working game.

:lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

QuoteFrom December 15th at 16:00 CET (10:00 EST, 7:00 PST) to December 28th at 16:00 CET, anybody who has pre-purchased Humankind on Steam can try out the new (English language only) Lucy OpenDev.

This is the biggest OpenDev scenario we have released yet: four full eras and seven AI opponents! Lead your people for more than 100 turns from the Neolithic to the end of the Early Modern Era and try any of the forty different cultures in these eras. Ten thousand potential combinations should keep even the most dedicated of our players busy for a while!

I shall report back  :cool:

crazy canuck

I really like the design of this game.  So many meaningful decisions; so many options for development; so much flexibility.

So much replayability potential