Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

Bloody hell - this is awful :( :ultra:
QuotePetrol station worker killed in Germany after face mask row
Concerns raised over radicalisation of anti-lockdown movement as man held over fatal shooting
Philip Oltermann in Berlin
@philipoltermann
Tue 21 Sep 2021 11.05 BST

Politicians in Germany have expressed concern over the radicalisation of those who disagree with Covid restrictions, after a 49-year-old German citizen was arrested on suspicion of shooting dead a petrol station worker who refused to serve him while he was not wearing a mask.

Authorities in the western town of Trier said the suspect told officers he acted "out of anger" after the 20-year-old cashier at a petrol station the town of Idar-Oberstein, in Rhineland-Palatinate, asked him to put on a mask.

"He further stated during interrogation that he rejected the measures against coronavirus," police said.

According to the state prosecutor, the man said he had felt "pushed into a corner" and had held the victim "responsible for the situation as a whole because he had enforced the rules".

The suspect had entered the Aral petrol station at around 745pm on Saturday and picked up a six-pack of beer. CCTV footage shows a mask tucked into the back of the man's trousers.

After the cashier had twice alerted him that it was mandatory to wear a mask inside the petrol station, the man had put down the beers after a brief exchange of words and left.

He returned two hours later, this time wearing a mask that he pulled under his chin as he stood at the counter. "Eventually he pulled a revolver from his pocket and fired a fatal shot at the 20-year-old student from Idar-Oberstein," police said.

The suspect fled on foot but turned himself at a police station in town the following morning.

"I am shocked by the terrible murder of a young man, who had only asked others to follow the prevalent rules, to be considerate and show solidarity," Annalena Baerbock, the Green candidate for chancellor, tweeted.

"I am greatly concerned about the radicalisation of the Querdenker [Germany's movement of pandemic sceptics]", she added. "We all need to stand up to growing hatred."

Police said the suspect had not been in legal possession of the weapon used in the attack, and he had not previously been on the authorities' radar. There was no suggestion that the victim and the gunman had known each other before the incident.

The mayor of Idar-Oberstein, Frank Frühauf, expressed his shock and dismay over the crime. "This is a quite inconceivable, terrible act that has happened here in Idar-Oberstein," he said. "Such a crime is unprecedented. It will take time to come to terms with it."
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 21, 2021, 05:49:01 AM
Bloody hell - this is awful :( :ultra:
QuotePetrol station worker killed in Germany after face mask row
Concerns raised over radicalisation of anti-lockdown movement as man held over fatal shooting
Philip Oltermann in Berlin
@philipoltermann
Tue 21 Sep 2021 11.05 BST

Politicians in Germany have expressed concern over the radicalisation of those who disagree with Covid restrictions, after a 49-year-old German citizen was arrested on suspicion of shooting dead a petrol station worker who refused to serve him while he was not wearing a mask.

Authorities in the western town of Trier said the suspect told officers he acted "out of anger" after the 20-year-old cashier at a petrol station the town of Idar-Oberstein, in Rhineland-Palatinate, asked him to put on a mask.

"He further stated during interrogation that he rejected the measures against coronavirus," police said.

According to the state prosecutor, the man said he had felt "pushed into a corner" and had held the victim "responsible for the situation as a whole because he had enforced the rules".

The suspect had entered the Aral petrol station at around 745pm on Saturday and picked up a six-pack of beer. CCTV footage shows a mask tucked into the back of the man's trousers.

After the cashier had twice alerted him that it was mandatory to wear a mask inside the petrol station, the man had put down the beers after a brief exchange of words and left.

He returned two hours later, this time wearing a mask that he pulled under his chin as he stood at the counter. "Eventually he pulled a revolver from his pocket and fired a fatal shot at the 20-year-old student from Idar-Oberstein," police said.

The suspect fled on foot but turned himself at a police station in town the following morning.

"I am shocked by the terrible murder of a young man, who had only asked others to follow the prevalent rules, to be considerate and show solidarity," Annalena Baerbock, the Green candidate for chancellor, tweeted.

"I am greatly concerned about the radicalisation of the Querdenker [Germany's movement of pandemic sceptics]", she added. "We all need to stand up to growing hatred."

Police said the suspect had not been in legal possession of the weapon used in the attack, and he had not previously been on the authorities' radar. There was no suggestion that the victim and the gunman had known each other before the incident.

The mayor of Idar-Oberstein, Frank Frühauf, expressed his shock and dismay over the crime. "This is a quite inconceivable, terrible act that has happened here in Idar-Oberstein," he said. "Such a crime is unprecedented. It will take time to come to terms with it."

So much for Germans following the rules. Awful exception.

viper37

A good friend of mine, much healthier than I am, has suffered a minor stroke last weekend, possibly induced by his 2nd Pfizer shot received 10 days earlier.  He had to go twice to the ER to be taken seriously, and only after he lost partial sight in one of his eye did they performed a scan on him.  fucking morons.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

Quote from: viper37 on September 23, 2021, 01:02:02 PM
Good news!  The vaccine is everywhere now! :P

Michael Flynn claims salad dressing is being infused with COVID vaccine

That article is actually interesting, I wasn't aware of that research.
And I get that some people are getting nervous about developments like this, tbh

Syt

As Colbert said, if this was a ploy to get right wing anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated they wouldn't put it into salad. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I always wonder with him - how crazy was he when he was a general? :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

The FPÖ is the only anti-vaccination party in Austria. A few days ago, a commentator mentioned that the FPÖ chairman, Herbert Kickl, is probably vaccinated by this point.

Kickl himself took umbrage and threatened to take the person to court. Today, he held a press conference where he presented a video of him giving a blood sample and the said doctor confirming that Kickl has no antibodies and shows no signs of vaccinations.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.