Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 27, 2020, 06:13:03 AM
Or you crack and brutally murder your family.
This isn't linked to lockdown - it's linked to abusive men, but apparently police are already saying they're seeing an increase in domestic violence.

I do other pro bono stuff but I have colleagues who volunteer with the National Centre fo Domestic Violence and the charity is seeing a huge growth in the number of people seeking help, because while this environment is necessary it is also perfect for an abusive partner.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Zanza on March 27, 2020, 06:21:27 AM
Boris Johnson has tested positive and has mild symptoms.

How unfortunate.

Tamas

QuoteOr you crack and brutally murder your family.

Oh FFS you don't need to bike/drive to the other end of the county to get some bloody fresh air.

And maybe this will be an issue in a few weeks but people pretending they are climbing the walls after a week is starting to get old. People need to grow the fuck up. They are not asked to endure the Blitz, they are asked to only be outside as little as possible and sit on their ass otherwise.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 27, 2020, 06:23:01 AM
This isn't linked to lockdown - it's linked to abusive men, but apparently police are already saying they're seeing an increase in domestic violence.

I do other pro bono stuff but I have colleagues who volunteer with the National Centre fo Domestic Violence and the charity is seeing a huge growth in the number of people seeking help, because while this environment is necessary it is also perfect for an abusive partner.

Well yes this is terrible but easing restrictions so violent assholes can go to the pub instead of beating up their partners is not the solution.

Josquius

QuoteOh FFS you don't need to bike/drive to the other end of the county to get some bloody fresh air.

And maybe this will be an issue in a few weeks but people pretending they are climbing the walls after a week is starting to get old. People need to grow the fuck up. They are not asked to endure the Blitz, they are asked to only be outside as little as possible and sit on their ass otherwise.
Sure, I doubt anyone is at that point yet. But prevention is better than cure.
My employer certainly is heavily underlining the need to get fresh air and look after your mental state.

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 27, 2020, 06:23:01 AM

Yes, I'm hearing a lot of cases from shelters- womens shelters, disabled homes, etc... where if they get a case of corona they have no idea what to do as the entire reason people are there is they've nowhere else to go.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 27, 2020, 06:36:20 AM
Sure, I doubt anyone is at that point yet. But prevention is better than cure.
My employer certainly is heavily underlining the need to get fresh air and look after your mental state.
I think it's really important. Those of us who are socially distancing will be better off because we can go to the shops/exercise, but I think there'll be a real toll on mental health of the vulnerable who are socially isolating for three months. Especially if they don't have a garden.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 27, 2020, 06:32:50 AM
How unfortunate.
Yeah - though I'm not suprised given how badly Westminsiter has been setting an example of social distancing :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on March 27, 2020, 06:21:27 AM
Boris Johnson has tested positive and has mild symptoms.

An athlete like Mijairzinho Bolsonaro for sure!

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 27, 2020, 06:34:28 AM
QuoteOr you crack and brutally murder your family.

Oh FFS you don't need to bike/drive to the other end of the county to get some bloody fresh air.

Exactly. It is definitely some pampered bullshit to be acting as though for the average person this should have them crawling the walls.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 27, 2020, 06:41:18 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 27, 2020, 06:32:50 AM
How unfortunate.
Yeah - though I'm not suprised given how badly Westminsiter has been setting an example of social distancing :bleeding:

Until recently the press briefings were utterly ridiculous; all those globetrotting well-connected people sitting right next to each other...........terrible example to set apart from anything else.

garbon

Maybe as world leaders get it they'll take it more seriously?

Though I suppose we don't want Raab in charge.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Tamas

After this and Prince Charles, I have a growing suspicion that the virus does not respect class boundaries!

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 27, 2020, 06:46:08 AM
Until recently the press briefings were utterly ridiculous; all those globetrotting well-connected people sitting right next to each other...........terrible example to set apart from anything else.
Yeah - I actually hope government starts doing all its briefings and press conferences like the new remote set up. Maybe even get someone to ask a question from *gasp* outside SW1 :o

On a personal level it must be kind-of terrifying for his pregnant girlfriend - so hope he recovers quickly and she's fine.

Also on how politics broke America, this is extraordinary:
Let's bomb Russia!