Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2021, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2021, 10:36:51 AM
This time Pfizer - slightly annoyed that it meant I had to wait for 15 minutes of observation at the end <_<

I was recommended to wait 15 minutes before driving with AZ as well :P Staying put at the centre was optional.
I had to stay. They gave me a badge with the time of jab on it and then I had to sit in a room with a giant clock and a health centre worker as bouncer :lol:

I imagine it's because I'm in the vulnerable group so maybe higher chance of taking a funny turn? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2021, 01:55:03 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2021, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2021, 10:36:51 AM
This time Pfizer - slightly annoyed that it meant I had to wait for 15 minutes of observation at the end <_<

I was recommended to wait 15 minutes before driving with AZ as well :P Staying put at the centre was optional.
I had to stay. They gave me a badge with the time of jab on it and then I had to sit in a room with a giant clock and a health centre worker as bouncer :lol:

I imagine it's because I'm in the vulnerable group so maybe higher chance of taking a funny turn? :hmm:

I got the Pfizer and had to wait 15 minutes as well.  Instead of a center worker as a bouncer it was the national guard.  I choose not to argue with them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

When I got mine everyone had to sit down 15 minutes. Or had to, I don't know if anyone would have stopped me if I had walked out. More like instructed to.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Here, 15 minutes wait after all covid vaccines.

Barrister

My first shot was at a government facility.  They indeed had a designated waiting area and made sure you couldn't leave before 15 minutes.

My second shot was at a pharmacy inside a grocery store.  They had a seat for you to wait your 15 minutes but weren't actively checking.  I waited the 15 minutes.

Later in the summer I went and got a pneumococcal vaccine that had been recommended for me to get.  This was another grocery store pharmacy.  They told me to wait 15 minutes.  I asked if I could do some shopping.  They said "well we can't stop you - but be sure to sit down if you start feeling woozy".  I got some groceries.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on September 20, 2021, 02:04:54 PM
When I got mine everyone had to sit down 15 minutes. Or had to, I don't know if anyone would have stopped me if I had walked out. More like instructed to.

I got vaccinated at a health center of my insurance. They also asked you to wait for 15-20 minutes after the shots. That said, if I had just up and left I doubt anyone would have stopped me. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 20, 2021, 02:12:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 20, 2021, 02:04:54 PM

I got vaccinated at a health center of my insurance. They also asked you to wait for 15-20 minutes after the shots. That said, if I had just up and left I doubt anyone would have stopped me. :unsure:
In fairness I think I could've taken them :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

When I had to wait for the 15 minutes after vaccination, they offered free non-alcoholic drinks. Which I found weird as you had to wear a mask there obviously.

Admiral Yi

Y'all got some low social capital.  It never even crossed my mind to ditch the waiting period.

alfred russel

I went with my wife for both shots and for the first one they said to wait 15 minutes, and I just walked out...but that backfired because my wife did wait. :(

I explained to her that waiting was stupid, and then for the second shot she just walked out like I did. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2021, 02:38:19 PM
Y'all got some low social capital.  It never even crossed my mind to ditch the waiting period.
I mean obviously I followed the rules. Just annoyed because for the first two jabs it was just a giant tent and when you were done you just walked out (or I misunderstood something :ph34r:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2021, 02:38:19 PM

The 15 minute waiting period is for all vaccines.  I've never had a reaction to a shot before.

I mean I won't get behind the wheel in those 15 minutes but it seems to me a very slight risk that you're going to pass out and fall while walking around.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

I had to wait 15 minutes for both my shots too. i guess i could have left early, but then i wouldn't have gotten my "receipt" confirming i got my doses.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

I immediately started to operate heavy machinery, but then I live dangerously.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: alfred russel on September 20, 2021, 03:03:58 PM
I went with my wife for both shots and for the first one they said to wait 15 minutes, and I just walked out...but that backfired because my wife did wait. :(

I explained to her that waiting was stupid, and then for the second shot she just walked out like I did. :)

You are a shitty gambler.

Sure, developing an extreme allergic reaction was extremely unlikely but essentially you bet your life on that to gain 10 minutes.

After my first shot I walked out to my car straight away but then sat around for 10 minutes as I did have a 10 minutes drive home and did not intend to develop symptoms while driving. Based on nothing happening, I just went straight home after the second one.