Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tons of unmasked people at the supermercado.  Maybe 1/3 of customers

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 19, 2021, 03:34:34 PM
So French vaccine passport and mandate for certain workers has been a huge success but just saw that there's over 3,000 healthcare workers who are suspended because they won't get the vaccine. And I generally don't have much sympathy for anti-vax types in general but I cannot understand how you could have that view if you're a healthcare worker during the pandemic :blink:

Their (work) ethic is more than questionable to say the least.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on September 19, 2021, 04:09:09 PM
That's out of 2.3 million in the sector though, so a very small percentage of Covidiots.
That's true and important - and it's probably someone in HR or accounts rather than on the frontline. But I just find it crazy that you could have worked in healthcare or the care sector and not want to get vaccinated.
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Quote from: DGuller on September 18, 2021, 11:51:07 AM
What does "mouth below his nose" mean?  I tried to google it, and I got a bunch of pages about cancer.

Apparently it's a west-Scandinavian thing, because I have no idea.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Threviel on September 20, 2021, 12:40:00 AM
What does "mouth below his nose" mean?  I tried to google it, and I got a bunch of pages about cancer.

I'm guessing it means "normal, run of the mill, not a mutant".

The Brain

Quote from: Threviel on September 20, 2021, 12:40:00 AM

I may not have kids, but I have to agree. Never heard that one.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 19, 2021, 05:21:37 PM
Quote from: Zanza on September 19, 2021, 04:09:09 PM
That's out of 2.3 million in the sector though, so a very small percentage of Covidiots.
That's true and important - and it's probably someone in HR or accounts rather than on the frontline. But I just find it crazy that you could have worked in healthcare or the care sector and not want to get vaccinated.

Last week the BC Nurses union came out against vaccine mandates for health care workers.  They had to retract their position when nurses went public saying their union had embarrassed them.

Sheilbh

Had my booster shot today - and, apparently, I should have been shielding :ph34r: :lol:

Either that or I shouldn't have had a booster shot.

Still dubious on the morality or ethics of booster shots but obviously if I'm told to get one I will.

This time Pfizer - slightly annoyed that it meant I had to wait for 15 minutes of observation at the end <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

So Alberta's "vaccine exemption program" kicks in today (aka the vaccine passport).

We had our first hockey game of the winter season last night.  After last night you will need to provide proof of vaccination in order to participate in indoor sports like hockey.  One of the guys mentions that this will be his last hockey game then.  I sure appreciated how he came to this game, sat in a really cramped locker room with us when he hadn't been vaccinated. <_<

The good news though appears to be that it's only the one guy on the team we're going to lose over this.  Based on a couple of comments by other guys I was worried there would be several hold-outs.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So Alberta government has set up a website where you can quite quickly and easily access and print-out your Covid vaccination records.  That's good!

But all it produces is a very basic-looking Adobe PDF that you're supposed to be able to print out at home.  And that PDF is extremely easy to edit or manipulate, like below:

I guess that's the best you can do when you didn't plan to have a vaccine passport from the get-go, but it's still crap.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

49 year old guy in Germany wanted to buy beer at a gas station, but was refused because he didn't wear a mask. So he went home, got a gun and shot the 20 year old student working the checkout.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2021, 10:36:51 AM
This time Pfizer - slightly annoyed that it meant I had to wait for 15 minutes of observation at the end <_<

I was recommended to wait 15 minutes before driving with AZ as well :P Staying put at the centre was optional.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on September 20, 2021, 12:37:12 PM
49 year old guy in Germany wanted to buy beer at a gas station, but was refused because he didn't wear a mask. So he went home, got a gun and shot the 20 year old student working the checkout.
That will certainly teach students to arm themselves, shoot first, and apologize later.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.