News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2020 Thread

Started by merithyn, January 06, 2020, 11:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

I'm trying to eat a bit more lately. Turns out I've lost at least 7-8 kg since lockdown started.

I could still lose a few more and it would be fine, but more than five might be trouble.

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on October 26, 2020, 03:09:20 PM
I'm trying to eat a bit more lately. Turns out I've lost at least 7-8 kg since lockdown started.

I could still lose a few more and it would be fine, but more than five might be trouble.
How is the mirror universe going in general? Having a good year I imagine?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 26, 2020, 04:05:38 PM
How is the mirror universe going in general? Having a good year I imagine?

:lol:

Right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

Ok, it seems that italy is on the way to another (let's hope rather short) bout of lockdown following the increasing number of Covid-19 cases; gyms are already closed, so I'm looking at making my own private gym club for all the family.
I have already access to a treadmill and a bike, and I want to add some generic items, like dumbbells and the like.
What do you suggest could be a good starting point?
I was thinking about:

Dumbbells, 2 and 5 kgs, maybe other weighs;
a Pullup bar;
A set of exercise elastic bands;
a balance board;
a bench, without rack (for the moment)

other necessary equipment?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Barrister

Quote from: Pedrito on October 28, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
Ok, it seems that italy is on the way to another (let's hope rather short) bout of lockdown following the increasing number of Covid-19 cases; gyms are already closed, so I'm looking at making my own private gym club for all the family.
I have already access to a treadmill and a bike, and I want to add some generic items, like dumbbells and the like.
What do you suggest could be a good starting point?
I was thinking about:

Dumbbells, 2 and 5 kgs, maybe other weighs;
a Pullup bar;
A set of exercise elastic bands;
a balance board;
a bench, without rack (for the moment)

other necessary equipment?

L.

You and everybody else.  Exercise equipment has been in high demand ever since Covid.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

saskganesh

Checking in. True Story: I ran 20K on magic mushrooms last long weekend. It was very very good.
humans were created in their own image

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on November 03, 2020, 07:31:32 PM
Checking in. True Story: I ran 20K on magic mushrooms last long weekend. It was very very good.

:cool:

Sask, was there a soundtrack too?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

saskganesh

mongers

crazy canuck

I bet all those mushrooms really cushioned the impact.

saskganesh

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 01:40:12 PM

They did. The endorphin boost was pretty substantial, the whole run was race pace. and recovery took longer than normal.

Three weeks later I think another long run would be possible. But I'm looking at a modest 10 miles, tops.

crazy canuck

The youngest of the CC boys has become very interested in this topic as an area of research.  Science is apparently waking up to all the positive benefits.

mongers

To encourage me to get some exercise of a evening, I've started making a gps map of my town and my little walks.  :blush:

celedhring

Down to 103 Kg, 3 Kg away from my target after losing 6 kg since January. Xmas will probably be a slight bump on the road, but it's the closest I've been to weigh under 100 kg since 2007 (when I moved to the US  :lol:). Pretty sure I'll get there sometime in 2021.

Covid life (aka, no more commuting which means no eating out and more spare time to go to the gym) has helped...

Tamas

Quote from: saskganesh on November 04, 2020, 06:13:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 01:40:12 PM

They did. The endorphin boost was pretty substantial, the whole run was race pace. and recovery took longer than normal.

Three weeks later I think another long run would be possible. But I'm looking at a modest 10 miles, tops.

https://youtu.be/nvxffzbXtdk