News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2020 Thread

Started by merithyn, January 06, 2020, 11:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on July 26, 2020, 04:18:04 AM
Garmin has been down since Thursday, after a ransomware attack . I hope I haven't lost nearly a decade of data  :(

:(

Good grief, surprising that an industry leader like them gets caught out.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

That really sucks.  :(
I've been using RunKeeper for the past six years. I think you can download a database of your runs, with the basic information in a CSV and the GPS/route info in another format. If your service allows, it would be a good idea to save your own backups, though it's too late if you're using Garmin. Hopefully they've been backing everything up and at worst you lose just your most recent activities.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Maladict

Spinning class 3-4 times a week and a long hike on the weekend, that's about it.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 09, 2020, 01:42:37 PM
Spinning class 3-4 times a week and a long hike on the weekend, that's about it.

:cool:

More than me.

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2020, 12:39:11 PM
Anyone doing much? :unsure:

No. :(

Trying to stay active while at my desk, but I'm at my desk a LOT right now.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on August 09, 2020, 04:57:41 PM

Both you and your desk need roller-skates.  :smarty:

11B4V

Still hitting in person classes on Tuesday and Thursday 1.5 hours each for Kyokushin even though it's non contact due to WA state requirements. Its a tight crew and no new people, which is a good thing. Saturday's are strength, conditioning and flexibility for 1.5 hours on zoom.

Remained steady at 230-235 lbs.

Anyone know how the jujitsu dojos are doing?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2020, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 09, 2020, 04:57:41 PM

Both you and your desk need roller-skates.  :smarty:

Probably has a computer plugged in to the wall on top though.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

40 minutes on the exercise bike every day. Hate it, but at my age I have to keep that heart rate up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Popped out the other evening to do a half-dozen miles in the 85F heat, ended up doing a 40 km loop around the top end of the forest, a route I'd never done on a bike.

Had to hurry a bit as I didn't have decent lights, got home feeling really rather good, sometimes one has to push oneself a bit?  :)

celedhring

Lifting weights at 30º with no A/C (because pandemic) = not fun. I shifted my gym schedule to the evening (less heat and less people), but I had to do a morning session today and I'm completely beaten.

I lost strength during the lockdown (unsurprisingly), but I'm inching back to my pre-pandemic shape. During the lockdown I also aggravated a shoulder injury (and doctors were not seeing anybody unless you were dying because Covid) so I'm also taking a bit slowly. I've been doing rehab for the past two months and it already feels much better, and I'm regaining strength.

Iormlund

Yesterday someone at work asked if I had lost weight.  :)

I'd say I've got at least a further 5 kg to go, but the COVID diet seems to be working.

Caliga

I got a: Peloton

I have yet to try it out yet... still wrapping up work and downloading firmware updates and shit for it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

So kids hockey started up last weekend.  I'm trying to assistant coach all three boys this year - for Tim it might be the last year I'm able to just given how he's advancing - if he makes the AA team next year they have semi-pro coaches.

But anyways, so that meant 2 hours on the ice on Saturday, and 3 hours on Sunday.  It's now on Tuesday and I'm still stiff and sore.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.