News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2020 Thread

Started by merithyn, January 06, 2020, 11:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Worst year for exercise in at least five, if not a decade or two; a couple of family emergencies in summer/autumn, followed by a very wet winter and the virus dominating the Spring means, I've cycled probably about half of what I'd usually do in a year.  <_<

Though I think what I've really missed during the lockdown has been using and accessing trains/other public transport.

Doing long travel days, having to run to make multiple connections, running across towns/cities to catch buses and often having to cycle to the railway station in the first place, is probably quite a good all round workout and was helping to keep the cobwebs at bay.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

You could always get an exercise bike. I know it doesn't have the side benefits, but you'll still be moving your legs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

It's June and I'm at about 200 miles running so far. Unless I really start running more, I'm not going to hit 500 miles for the year.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

saskganesh

ouch.

It's bad feeling. Two years ago I was 100 plus miles a month, now I am lucky if I hit 25.

If only I had a good desk job.
humans were created in their own image

celedhring

Lost 2 Kg during the lockdown. Right now I'm at my lowest bodyweight since 2017  :hmm:

Berkut

Gained probably 20 lbs in the last few months. This is not good.

The clothes that I put away after losing a lot of weight are now back out,and THOSE (well some of them anyway) are feeling a bit snug.

Time to get back to it. Back on a low carb diet, and back to making it a point of walking every day.

I hate running, but a nice brisk walk with the dog is perfectly doable.

Need to lose those 20 lbs, and another 40 for good measure would be great.

60 lbs by the end of the year, should be doable. That is only 10lbs a month.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2020, 02:37:23 PM

The clothes that I put away after losing a lot of weight are now back out,and THOSE (well some of them anyway) are feeling a bit snug.

Time to get back to it. Back on a low carb diet, and back to making it a point of walking every day.

What replaces the carbs?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

Quote from: mongers on June 21, 2020, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2020, 02:37:23 PM

What replaces the carbs?

1. To some degree, hopefully nothing. Hence a lower calorie intake.
2. To another degree, protein and fat, at least as a ration of total caloric intake.

0 rows returned

Berkut

So here is my plan. KISS.

1. No fast food. None.
2. No eating after 8pm.
3. 10,000 steps every day. If I miss a day, have to make it up the next day. And they should be a *brisk* 10,000 steps. But not running. Because fuck that shit.
4. While I am working on getting the weight off, no more than 20-30 net carbs per day. This means (while I am working off the excess weight) no bread, no tortillas, no pasta, and no snack chips, pretzels, crackers, or anything like that.
5. No breakfast, other than a low carb protein shake.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Rather than focusing on what you are not going to eat, what are you eating - put in lots of good fats and you won't be tempted to go back to eating all that junk food and empty carbs.  You will also be able to eat healthy carbs which are actually pretty important.

Maladict

For the first time in four months, off to the gym!  :cool:

Maladict

Quote from: Maladict on July 01, 2020, 11:37:10 AM
For the first time in four months, off to the gym!  :cool:

Fuck me that was rough  :lol:

HisMajestyBOB

I deferred my entry in the Marine Corp Marathon to next year.  :weep:
They had lowered the minimum pace time to 12 min/mile, and while my target pace is faster than that, it would also be my fastest marathon yet. Additionally, I don't see the pandemic improving by the fall, and with a newborn and a toddler, I can't risk doing the run.

I have not signed up for the virtual run, because 26.2 miles on my own is fucking crazy.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Maladict

I'm really pleased I'm able to go to the gym again, even with all the restrictions they have.
It's the only thing I've really missed in the past four months (and public transport).

Maladict

Garmin has been down since Thursday, after a ransomware attack . I hope I haven't lost nearly a decade of data  :(