News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2020 Thread

Started by merithyn, January 06, 2020, 11:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on September 23, 2020, 02:10:37 PM
My lockdown diet is working so far - I lost 40 pounds. The next ten will be more difficult though. I've been bouncing up and down in weight a bit, because I've been eating more liberally lately.

:cool:

That's some good going Malthus, I guess your lockdown exploration walks helped a bit too.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2020, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2020, 04:01:54 PM
https://www.onepeloton.com/

Nifty.

My fitness challenge for this month is to do 400+ miles on the bike, something I don't think I've managed in any month this year.  <_<

Well I managed to do 400+ miles on the bike this month, with a whole day to spare!  :)

I doubt I'll do that much again till the Spring of a post-covid world.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on September 29, 2020, 10:51:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2020, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 22, 2020, 04:01:54 PM
https://www.onepeloton.com/

Nifty.

My fitness challenge for this month is to do 400+ miles on the bike, something I don't think I've managed in any month this year.  <_<

Well I managed to do 400+ miles on the bike this month, with a whole day to spare!  :)

I doubt I'll do that much again till the Spring of a post-covid world.

Nice going  :cool:

celedhring

The shoulder injury that I'd been carrying since early year has healed almost completely. I was kinda worried that it was one of those "YOU'RE OLD NOW" niggling injuries that I would never get rid of, but a friend of mine gave me the contact of a physio that nailed the treatment.

My lifts are also back at pre-pandemic levels, I've also lost a bit of weight... Things are chugging along nicely on the fitness level.

I have also got used to go to the gym at late night. The gym is deserted at that time, and since not everybody has good mask discipline, it makes for better Covid safety. Now it kinda fits well with my daily rythms (I was a morning gym-goer).

Maladict

The outdoor season looks to be over now, the typical cold and rainy autumn has begun.
I really hope the gym will be allowed to stay open  :(

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on September 30, 2020, 03:37:01 AM
The outdoor season looks to be over now, the typical cold and rainy autumn has begun.
I really hope the gym will be allowed to stay open  :(

Same weather here, so I might take a page out of your book, Mal and do much more walking (in the rain).  :)

fromtia

I bought one of those massage guns to help with an achilles tendonopothy that just won't go away. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

crazy canuck

Third session back at the gym.  First bench press day - On my last day of bench press 6 months or so ago, I would warm up with 135 lbs and then move up to 225 to begin my workout.   Today 135 was were I stayed....

mongers

Now entering Winter hibernation.  :P

Threviel

Took a swimming class. Damn swimming is hard, really hard.

Two class mates from classes 1-9 were there also, that was fun, I haven't really talked to them in 20 years or so.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2020, 03:16:36 PM
Third session back at the gym.  First bench press day - On my last day of bench press 6 months or so ago, I would warm up with 135 lbs and then move up to 225 to begin my workout.   Today 135 was were I stayed....

:hug:

You'll get back there. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Bump - thread half way down the 2nd page.  :hmm:

celedhring

With curfew I can no longer go to gym at nights, so now I'll try going at very early morning and check how crowded it is.

I've lost more weight and now I'm about to reach my personal "wall" (104 Kg). Every time I've tried to slim down in the past years I've never been able to get past that.  :sleep:

Barrister

I was on the ice for all 3 kids hockey practices yesterday.  3 hours total.

Now I'm coaching, not doing the drills, and don't even work up a sweat.  But skating uses such different muscles, and I am demoing a lot of drills that I was seriously stiff and sore afterwards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I hear you.  I pulled a hamstring demonstrating a sliding drill back in the little league days - lesson that the coach needs to warm up too, learned.