News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on January 21, 2020, 02:57:04 PM
That's not really Yoda as a baby. Just a member of the same race.

But based on the babies age (50 some odd years old) e could still be a Yoda clone
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on January 21, 2020, 03:04:21 PM

But based on the babies age (50 some odd years old) e could still be a Yoda clone

Kuill, who said he had worked with clones, said that it looked naturally evolved, not lab grown.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

They are making an Obi-Wan series, so there will probably be more Skywalker stuff, at least to some degree.

There are also persistent rumors about some kind of Old Republic project.

11B4V

Eh, quite sure there's plenty Obi Wan did without those Skywalker twats.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2020, 05:25:08 AM

He was not yet a full Jedi when he met Anakin.  So unless this is going to be about the time he spent living as a hermit there isn't going to be much to tell that is not related to the Skywalker clan.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 22, 2020, 12:37:30 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2020, 05:25:08 AM

He was not yet a full Jedi when he met Anakin.  So unless this is going to be about the time he spent living as a hermit there isn't going to be much to tell that is not related to the Skywalker clan.

Well the idea is to use Ewan McGregor, so it certainly won't be about Kenobi's time as a Padawan, and rather his time on Tattoine,

But while we know young Luke perceived Kenobi as being something of a hermit, he made have had more going on his his life than we think.

But that being said, I'm pretty negative on prequels of existing characters, so unless they have just some really compelling story to be told I'd rather they just leave it alone.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Hamilcar

After episode 9, I am no longer interested in Star Wars content.

crazy canuck

@BB They are going to have to break with the established story then.  At the end of III Obi Wan takes baby Luke to Tattooine and stays there as his protector.

Barrister

Quote from: Hamilcar on January 22, 2020, 01:13:54 PM
After episode 9, I am no longer interested in Star Wars content.

your potential loss.  You take the good with the bad, really.

Apparently there's going to be a final season of CLone Wars, the animated show, which I'm interested in.  I'm interested in season 2 of Mandalorian.

I've still never watched Solo though.

If it looks like it's going to be good, I'll watch.  If it looks like it'll be bad, I won't.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on January 22, 2020, 01:28:19 PMApparently there's going to be a final season of CLone Wars, the animated show, which I'm interested in. 

The trailer dropped today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLW2jkd6E7g
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 22, 2020, 01:15:20 PM
@BB They are going to have to break with the established story then.  At the end of III Obi Wan takes baby Luke to Tattooine and stays there as his protector.

I am aware of this.

Luke hardly knew Kenobi, so Kenobi had lots of time to be doing something.  He was there for 18-20 years.

Now, maybe it's just adventure among the jawas and sand people.  Really more of a western theme (though Mandalorian is leaning pretty hard in that direction).  Or of course maybe he leaves from time to time.

crazy canuck

You will recall that Obi Wan did not even have a ship - that is why they met Han Solo.  He was not checking in on Luke in between adventures.  He was there for the duration.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 22, 2020, 01:39:34 PM
You will recall that Obi Wan did not even have a ship - that is why they met Han Solo.  He was not checking in on Luke in between adventures.  He was there for the duration.

1. Perhaps he still had his Jedi Starfighter - which is a single seater.

2. Perhaps he didn't have a shp when Luke met him, but he did earlier (and lost it somehow).

Finally, it's not like some inconsistencies haven't slipped in at this point anyways.  Remember Obi-wan saying to R2 "I don't remember ever owning a droid before"?  Well he had a droid in his aforementioned Jedi Starfighter, but of course he's known R2 for years and years in the prequels!

crazy canuck

Two wrongs don't make a right  :P

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2020, 03:12:24 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 21, 2020, 03:04:21 PM

Kuill, who said he had worked with clones, said that it looked naturally evolved, not lab grown.
Perhaps that means not aged fast like the clone troopers but aged naturally a la Boba Fett.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."