News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Will the AI reform the Roman Empire on its own? I've made it my mission to restore the  Empire without ever becoming Emperor and territory wise, the Empire is not far off.

EDIT: What about mending the schism?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Playing as some Muslim Sultan. About 150 years in, I start to get annoyed that just about every character in my court is gay. I check and for some reason I ticked the homosexual box in the game setup. Oh well. It makes a lot less difference than I thought. Everyone is still reproducing like an Irish family.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

You can click a box that makes everybody homosexual?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2021, 09:23:32 AM
Yes, also known as Martinus Mode.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2021, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2021, 09:23:32 AM
Yes, also known as Martinus Mode.

Feet fail me not.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Yes there's an option that makes homosexuality the more common trait in the game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Now not getting its first real expansion until 2022. I wonder what is going on there - as CK3 really feeling like an orphaned child.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-10-27-crusader-kings-3s-royal-court-expansion-delayed-to-2022
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2021, 08:48:28 AM
Now not getting its first real expansion until 2022. I wonder what is going on there - as CK3 really feeling like an orphaned child.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-10-27-crusader-kings-3s-royal-court-expansion-delayed-to-2022

Yeah I don't care much for this expansion but what worries me is it's such a hard labour for something what looks like a moderate sized DLC. Figures that the only game I buy the season pass for ends up not having any meaningful expansions ever. :P

This is a big shame because vanilla CK3 is a big improvement over vanilla CK2 but I am not sure how long before it gets Imperator-ed this way.

garbon

Yes, it feels like they are letting the player base just attrition away from lack of attention. Not that one should want endless dlc in a game but this seems like a huge swing in the other direction.

Granted it will need to see a lot more attrition to be anything like Imperator. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on October 27, 2021, 08:56:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2021, 08:48:28 AM

Yeah I don't care much for this expansion but what worries me is it's such a hard labour for something what looks like a moderate sized DLC. Figures that the only game I buy the season pass for ends up not having any meaningful expansions ever. :P

This is a big shame because vanilla CK3 is a big improvement over vanilla CK2 but I am not sure how long before it gets Imperator-ed this way.

Same boat as you.  I wonder if the number of us who did purchase the season pass is a factor in lack of production - ie is there a lack of economic incentive to pour resources into something that has already been paid for.

Josephus

I guess they also know that if they put out a DLC that is buggy or feels incomplete, it could really ruin their standing after some of the recent EU4 fiascos.

I didn't buy the season pass, but I think I got a deluxe edition with one or two XPs included. So yeah this is annoying.

I just returned to the game after taking a couple months off and yeah, it feels very empty. Lots of rinse, lather repeat. Needs some oomph and soon.

Going back to Garbon's point....by early 2022, isn't VIC III also supposed to be released? They may indeed be hoping for a player attrition. Who knows.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josquius

Am I remembering right that CK3 was a new engine?
Wonder if they fucked up how easy it would be to alter
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

No, CK3 is still on the old Clausewitz engine, albeit with some upgrades.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Meanwhile, EU4 is getting yet another DLC. :lol: