News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

I forgot about all the silly non-existent kingdoms in CK; I guess they didn't clean that crap up.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 02, 2020, 10:46:55 AM
I forgot about all the silly non-existent kingdoms in CK; I guess they didn't clean that crap up.

That is the kind of thing Paradox loves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Always hated those unhistorical kingdoms. They should get rid of them and teach the AI to create custom kingdom titles (is that feature in CK3?) when it grows powerful but doesn't have a proper de jure kingdom to claim.

Solmyr

Tbh most historical kingdoms were originally pretty much created out of thin air.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on October 03, 2020, 09:29:57 AM
Tbh most historical kingdoms were originally pretty much created out of thin air.

My favorite example of that in Spain is the King of Aragon partitioning its realm and creating the kingdom of Majorca (with seat in Rousillon  :lol:) out of nothing for his younger son. Note to King Jaume: never create another same-level title if you have gavelkind succession :mad:

Which is why I'd simulate the whole thing via being able to create your own kingdom once you're powerful enough, and keep only important historical kingdoms (flavor matters), instead of having Paradox make up a de jure kingdom for every 3 duchies or so.

Tamas

The real issues are the de jure Empires. Empire level titles remove most challenges from the game.

jimmy olsen

At least the Papal states existed as a discrete independent entity. So a secular ruler who controls rhat territory naming themselves king or queen makes more sense than most.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2020, 10:05:48 AM
At least the Papal states existed as a discrete independent entity. So a secular ruler who controls rhat territory naming themselves king or queen makes more sense than most.

Disagree. The independence of the Papal States was drawn from the idea that no secular prince should rule over the head of the Catholic Church. A secular ruler couldn't claim that.

The Brain

A chick online recently asked me about my Papal information.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Did you end up having Pontifex?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

You know the most noticeable absence from this game is law-making. Other than increasing crown authority (and thereby changing succession laws), there are no other laws to change around. I find having disloyal vassals is not something I'm worried about as I was likely to be in CKII. Anyone else find this?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

So is this game worth getting yet?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2020, 11:40:26 AM
You know the most noticeable absence from this game is law-making. Other than increasing crown authority (and thereby changing succession laws), there are no other laws to change around. I find having disloyal vassals is not something I'm worried about as I was likely to be in CKII. Anyone else find this?

You can change individual vassal obligations, which is the closest to the old law stuff.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 30, 2020, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2020, 11:40:26 AM

You can change individual vassal obligations, which is the closest to the old law stuff.

Is there a way to make women equal? Or is that only a religion change thing
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011