Is the Trump presidency as good/bad as you expected?

Started by Syt, October 12, 2019, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the Trump presidency as good/bad as you expected?

It's much better than I expected
1 (1.9%)
It's slightly better than I expected
3 (5.6%)
It's as good as I expected
0 (0%)
It's as bad as I expected
13 (24.1%)
It's slightly worse than I expected
15 (27.8%)
It's much worse than I expected
22 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Syt

In a bit over a year Americans are called upon voting for a new president.

With about 15 months to go till the inauguration of the new and/or old president, has the Trump presidency met your expectations?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

Much worse.  I'm one of the fools who thought he'd be bored by the actual job and let reasonably competent advisers and underlings do the job while he just played golf and held rallies.  Instead...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Barrister

Better, but my expectations were exceedingly low.  I thought he'd have driven the world into recession by now, instead of merely on the brink of one.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Much worse.  I did not think the rest of the democratic institutions in the US would be so easily subverted.

Maximus

Slightly worse. I haven't been surprised by anything he's done, but I've been somewhat surprised by things others have not done in response.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

chipwich

Much worse. Although much of that worseness is based on the Senate's unwillingness to bring him down.

The Brain

Slightly worse. I didn't know before the election that he was so extremely stupid.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

I agree with BA.  I thought he'd be a do-nothing president, not an actively anti-American president.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Much worse.  I was naive enough to believe that the office would change him, instead of him changing the office (and the rest of government).

dps

Slightly worse.  I knew he'd be corrupt and incompetent, but I thought he'd set aside the Twitter account, but since he didn't, he's been more embarrassing than I expected.

Eddie Teach

As bad as expected. His administration has been worse, but the country and the world have limped along in spite of him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Slightly worse.  I really thought the daily barrage of dumbassery and illegality would slowly but surely chip away at his approval, which it hasn't.

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on October 12, 2019, 12:40:19 PM
I agree with BA.  I thought he'd be a do-nothing president, not an actively anti-American president.

This is an astonishing thing to say and yet the evidence points that way; he's doing a 'fine' job of weakening America's standing in the world and wrecking the international system.

Latest news is the SDF/YPG are considering turning to Assad and Russia for aid/protection.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"