Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Malthus on October 07, 2019, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 07, 2019, 10:46:10 AM
MEOWTF?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181232249821388801

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I've done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

Can Trump be: Ottoman Empire?

In the words of Stephen Colbert, he's gone full God-Emperor.

mongers

Vladimir Putin must be very pleased, but one of the least surprised people by this move.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

frunk

The Larch

:lmfao:

Bonus points would have been awarded if it had been "Orange Skull".  :P

dps

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 08, 2019, 01:58:50 AM
It probably goes down well with voters in Kansas; you would think that they would know better.

Kansas--epicenter of anti-Kurdism.

Syt

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2h
We may be in the process of leaving Syria, but in no way have we Abandoned the Kurds, who are special people and wonderful fighters. Likewise our relationship with Turkey, a NATO and Trading partner, has been very good. Turkey already has a large Kurdish population and fully understands that while we only had 50 soldiers remaining in that section of Syria, and they have been removed, any unforced or unnecessary fighting by Turkey will be devastating to their economy and to their very fragile currency. We are helping the Kurds financially/weapons!

"We haven't abandoned the Jews in Poland; Germany already has a large Jewish population ..."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

We are helping the Kurds weapons?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on October 08, 2019, 09:30:36 AM

The artist just takes Trump's words directly and transposes them on actual comic book panels.  That's the genius of it.  If he edited either text or image it would just be the usual. political cartoon.

If you haven't been following President Supervillain, you've been doing yourself a disservice.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on October 08, 2019, 11:09:45 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 08, 2019, 09:30:36 AM

The artist just takes Trump's words directly and transposes them on actual comic book panels.  That's the genius of it.  If he edited either text or image it would just be the usual. political cartoon.

If you haven't been following President Supervillain, you've been doing yourself a disservice.

I know they're Trump's original words, it's pretty obvious (although sometimes the lines blur quite a lot).  ;)

Orange Skull is the nickname for Trump that Maus' author Art Spiegelman came up with in an essay that Marvel vetoed for publication because he refused to remove that mention.

The Minsky Moment

The other funny part is Trump's confession to having experience ruining national economies.

Really not the best skill to have in a leader.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 08, 2019, 11:34:25 AM
The other funny part is Trump's confession to having experience ruining national economies.

Really not the best skill to have in a leader.

What I find more likely is that when Turkey was having these recent economic troubles in the news, around the time they had a row with the US, Trump asked his court "did I do that?!" and they said "yes!"

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on October 08, 2019, 11:31:26 AM
I know they're Trump's original words, it's pretty obvious (although sometimes the lines blur quite a lot).  ;)

Orange Skull is the nickname for Trump that Maus' author Art Spiegelman came up with in an essay that Marvel vetoed for publication because he refused to remove that mention.

Yes, I am familiar with what Orange Skull references, but the entire point of President Supervillain is that the artist doesn't need to make up any insulting nicknames or make, like Spiegelman, overt political commentary.  He simply lets Trumps own words speak for themselves.  Even the most ardent Trumpeter cannot accuse him of putting words in Trump's mouth or making up demeaning nicknames for him.  President Supervillain's whole point is that the most deadly enemy of President Trump is Donald J. Trump.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Well it didn't take long for the Turks to attack.