MS flight Simulator and the future of map building

Started by Iormlund, October 01, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2020, 04:37:57 AM
My new rudder pedals are arriving this week. :ph34r:

What was wrong with your old rudder pedals?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2020, 04:37:57 AM
My new rudder pedals are arriving this week. :ph34r:

Dude! :hug:

I have missed you man. Granted we don't have much in the way of UT sports to discuss these days :( :punk:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2020, 07:27:41 PM
Dude! :hug:

I have missed you man. Granted we don't have much in the way of UT sports to discuss these days :( :punk:

:hug:

Hey speaking of Horns sports and FS2020, some Youtube type took a spin over Austin, along with some other places.  I posted it over on the board formerly known as the shag, but check it out:

https://youtu.be/kavLImNPL_8?t=1128

The 3x logos are on the old godzillatron at DKR, and I *think* you can kinda spot the one at the 50, but he didn't really keep going to see the whole field all that well.  I'm planning on trying to land (aka crashing) on it on day one, right after the kamikazi flight into my house. 

E:
Quote from: grumbler on August 09, 2020, 12:11:26 PM
What was wrong with your old rudder pedals?

They didn't exist, so that needed to be remedied.  I'm also interested in seeing if various displays/panels can be moved to a different screen.  If so, I'm going to see if I can get Duet working with a couple of tablets so I can actually press buttons vs clicking on them.  Total nerd shit. 

Caliga

I am now eyeing new video cards for this. :hmm:

I am just wondering if I might as well go ahead and do a full core system upgrade (new CPU, mobo, RAM) while I'm at it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on August 11, 2020, 07:54:59 AM

I am just wondering if I might as well go ahead and do a full core system upgrade (new CPU, mobo, RAM) while I'm at it.

I am hoping I can run in it High in 1080p. If not that'll be a problem, there's a big difference between Medium and High looks based on Youtube, but little between High and Ultra.

But yeah I am in the same boat I guess. I bought an Nvidia 1660 some months ago and it has been excellent. Once it stops being excellent, or I decide I cannot live without 4K gaming anymore, I'll just replace the entire box (salvaging the SSDs only), as my CPU (6600K) is rather old.

Caliga

Yeah, my current system is built around a Haswell-era processor (i7-4770K).

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

grumbler

If you do, let me know what you decide on.  My current rig is a dupe of your 2013 build, and has been terrific all this time.  I'm thinking of getting a new rig and wouldn;t mind leaning on your expertise once again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Might want to wait at least a few weeks.  Nvidia is launching the 3000 series next month, and I think I saw something about the AMD Big Navi cards coming in October. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 11, 2020, 05:30:18 PM

Might want to wait at least a few weeks.  Nvidia is launching the 3000 series next month, and I think I saw something about the AMD Big Navi cards coming in October.

Yep, this

Grey Fox

The NDA is pretty tight.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600x with a 1660ti and I'm running on high at 1080p with a solid 60 fps.

You can move interface windows outside of the game "window" to a different monitor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 11, 2020, 08:58:36 PM
The NDA is pretty tight.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600x with a 1660ti and I'm running on high at 1080p with a solid 60 fps.

You can move interface windows outside of the game "window" to a different monitor.

:w00t: Thanks for the info.  That looks good for my setup that I run everything at 1080 on:  Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB ddr3, Vega 64, all SSDs.

Good news about the windows.  Gonna have to poke around with the various software, but Duet (https://www.duetdisplay.com/) has the slickest website and I'm a sucker for that, so...

Liep

Will this be available on the new Xbox coming in November? If not I might also follow the Languish builders again as I too am with a 2013 PC.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk