The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 05, 2020, 02:59:18 PM
That's like fake Mel Gibson Scotsmen making a No True Scotsman argument against a real Scotsman.

I like it, but the fake Scotsmen are never going to figure this out.

grumbler

That's like fake Mel Gibson Scotsmen making a No True Scotsman argument against a real Scotsman.

Yes, it is kinda ironic that the Republican party has sacrificed every principal on which it was founded in order to serve the venal interests of a man who isn't even a Republican.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on February 05, 2020, 03:03:48 PM

Yes, it is kinda ironic that the Republican party has sacrificed every principal on which it was founded in order to serve the venal interests of a man who isn't even a Republican.

Definitely on immigration...

http://www.americanyawp.com/reader/the-sectional-crisis/1860-republican-party-platform/

Quote14. That the Republican party is opposed to any change in our naturalization laws or any state legislation by which the rights of citizens hitherto accorded to immigrants from foreign lands shall be abridged or impaired; and in favor of giving a full and efficient protection to the rights of all classes of citizens, whether native or naturalized, both at home and abroad.

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on February 05, 2020, 03:03:48 PM

Yes, it is kinda ironic that the Republican party has sacrificed every principal on which it was founded

Ouch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Oh, and good night America. Wherever the fuck you're at.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on February 05, 2020, 04:48:06 PM
Oh, and good night America. Wherever the fuck you're at.

I guess we have to wait 5 years for president pence.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

or 10 - and the Trump can run again.  Putin told him how to do it.

Valmy

Did you see the State of the Union Address? The President does these weird little things when he talks like he has had a stroke. I don't know if he can keep going much longer than 5 years. Putin is five years younger and not obese.

Though Russians on the internet keep telling me this is a fake Putin and real one was replaced by a double at some point  :lol: :tinfoil:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I just heard the claim on the 538 podcast (via youtube) that Romney is the first senator in US history to vote to convict a president of his own party.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
I just heard the claim on the 538 podcast (via youtube) that Romney is the first senator in US history to vote to convict a president of his own party.

Wow. That is quite an honor Mitt. Good for you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2020, 09:50:38 PM

Well, it's not like there have been tons of opportunities!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

It is interesting to me that Romney voted for removal for abuse of power, but rejected the idea that the President's power should be checked by a Congress able to investigate possible presidential wrongdoing.

Bayraktar!

Maximus

Quote from: grumbler on February 06, 2020, 08:39:33 AM
It is interesting to me that Romney voted for removal for abuse of power, but rejected the idea that the President's power should be checked by a Congress able to investigate possible presidential wrongdoing.
Yea, I thought that was odd too.