The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

This going after the whistleblower is also really fucking annoying.

I sometimes have to deal with Confidential Informant cases.  It's really the same principle.  We can't rely on the CI to prove our case.  All the CI is point us in a particular direction.  Our case is made up of whatever OTHER information police discover.

The WB here is immaterial.  There is ample other evidence.  But Trumpists are attacking the WB just to discourage anyone else from daring to come forward.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2020, 05:07:19 PM
But Trumpists are attacking the WB just to discourage anyone else from daring to come forward.

They're attacking the WB so they can feed the deep state, never Trump, everyone hates us narrative.

Manchin signals he's on side by lead authoring a softball question about any trials that don't have witnesses.

Admiral Yi

Man there's a lot of repetition in the questions.

Oexmelin

Side effect of journalism + grandstanding.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

*Ted Cruz* co-authors a question about Hillary being impeached under the theory that she requested information from a foreign source (Steele's Russian contacts).   :lol:

That's chutzpah baby!

Dems totally booted the answer.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2020, 03:04:17 PM
I don't get Rand Paul's motives in sticking his nose so far up Trump's ass. He's coming off as an absolute fruitcake.
I think Pauls have been Russia's useful idiots long before it was in fashion.

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
*Ted Cruz* co-authors a question about Hillary being impeached under the theory that she requested information from a foreign source (Steele's Russian contacts).   :lol:

That's chutzpah baby!

Dems totally booted the answer.

Hillary can't be impeached because she's not in office.  The only way anyone could get impeached, if using Steele was an impeachable offense, is if the person who paid Steele was currently a sitting US junior senator from Texas.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Seems crazy that they're going to fall on their sword like this for Trump and not even vote for witnesses. The last poll I saw had even 70% of Republicans in favor of witnesses.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I'm  laying 5/4 we see at least one witness.

Admiral Yi

Is it possible the Democrats have been stonewalling on Hunter to increase his value as trade bait?  Like get a two for one?  That would be devilish clever.

Admiral Yi

Bet withdrawn.  Lamar Alexander is a no on witnesses, no on conviction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shw_6ZLCcRw

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2020, 10:26:17 PM
Seems crazy that they're going to fall on their sword like this for Trump and not even vote for witnesses. The last poll I saw had even 70% of Republicans in favor of witnesses.

That's not falling on the sword.  That's protecting their interests.  Why would they want witnesses?  They don't need more evidence that they need to ignore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2020, 12:02:24 AM

That's not falling on the sword.  That's protecting their interests.  Why would they want witnesses?  They don't need more evidence that they need to ignore.
They're going to suffer for this decision in November
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 31, 2020, 07:07:55 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2020, 12:02:24 AM

They're going to suffer for this decision in November

They'll make up for it in Russian and federal government help.
DOJ suddenly opening investigations into their opponents, hackers compromising their systems, etc.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help