The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 30, 2020, 02:19:18 PM
I heard it wasn't read because it named the whistle blower. true?

You've got more of the skinny than I do.  That would make sense though.

That's what a bunch of outlets are saying.  This appears to be a longstanding issue.

I don't get Rand Paul's motives in sticking his nose so far up Trump's ass. He's coming off as an absolute fruitcake.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Sen. Collins question co-signed by three GOP senators.  More signalling of not being a rubber stamp.  :ph34r:

I'm seeing real chances of a moral victory, simple majority votes for conviction, short of 2/3.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 03:33:58 PM
Sen. Collins question co-signed by three GOP senators.  More signalling of not being a rubber stamp.  :ph34r:

I'm seeing real chances of a moral victory, simple majority votes for conviction, short of 2/3.

What did she ask?

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2020, 03:04:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 30, 2020, 02:19:18 PM
I heard it wasn't read because it named the whistle blower. true?

You've got more of the skinny than I do.  That would make sense though.

That's what a bunch of outlets are saying.  This appears to be a longstanding issue.

I don't get Rand Paul's motives in sticking his nose so far up Trump's ass. He's coming off as an absolute fruitcake.

It is rather surreal...it seems like after Trump punked him with some personal jabs way back in the GOP primary debates, he turned full prison-bitch.

Admiral Yi

They're on break now.

CBS says 1) Rand tried the same whistleblower outing stunt yesterday and 2) he stormed out of the chamber after Roberts punked him and read the question out loud to the press in the lobby.  :lol:

Valmy

Rand Paul? Jesus fucking Christ. Et tu Rand?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

One of the heads on the CBS halftime show made the point that any senator could have objected to Roberts not reading Rand's question and brought on a procedural vote, but no one did.

What the hell is Chris Christie doing on this show?

The Minsky Moment

WB should sue the bastard.  Shouldn't be covered by the S&D clause.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

If they want to ask about the Whistle Blower they can just subpoena him/her.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/01/30/chief_justice_roberts_refuses_to_ask_rand_pauls_question_with_alleged_whistleblowers_name.html

Chief Justice maintains integrity of the process.  :)

where is the link to Paul reading it in the gallery.  I agree with MInsky - no privilege applies there.

Admiral Yi

Probability that Trump will be convicted has leapt from 8% to 9%!  :w00t:

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 30, 2020, 03:54:14 PM
WB should sue the bastard.  Shouldn't be covered by the S&D clause.

Wouldn't that just call more attention to the WB?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

If they have already been outed, what is the downside?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 30, 2020, 04:59:00 PM
If they have already been outed, what is the downside?

They haven't been fully outed.  A name is out there, but that person has neither confirmed nor denied being the whistleblower.

If that person sues, it then removes all doubt.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

There is a case pending about a House subpoena to get documents relating to the census.

The DOJ lawyer representing the Trump administration argued that the Court didn't have the authority to enforce the subpoena.

When asked what recourse the House would have, the DOJ lawyer said: impeachment.

If Kafka designed a banana republic it would be the USA under Trump.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson