The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Do you know any Trump supporters personally Raz?

Maladict

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 29, 2020, 01:35:38 AM
Black Dragon hasn't posted here in quite a while though.

ussdefiant hasn't logged in since 2009.  :(

Tamas

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2020, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 28, 2020, 11:16:39 PM
GOP seems to be moving towards "Yes, he did it, but that's not impeachable."  If this isn't impeachable, what is?  What other recourse is there?  This is very frustrating.

There is no other recourse...well the Supreme Court could declare something he did unconstitutional but that takes awhile.

LOL
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

So now a Quid Pro Quo is not impeachable because re-electing Trump is in the best interests of the country.  I figured we would get to this point.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2020, 03:58:37 PM
So now a Quid Pro Quo is not impeachable because re-electing Trump is in the best interests of the country.  I figured we would get to this point.
The King can do no wrong. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on January 29, 2020, 11:33:43 PM
The King can do no wrong. :)

That's pretty much the final argument of the Trump defense team:  that, since Trump believes that his re-election is on the national interest, he can use the official power of the executive to ensure his re-election.  Even when what he does is expressly illegal.

I wonder why the issue of hiding the transcript and tape of the conversation by declaring it SCI never came up.  That was the original complaint of the whistle blower.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Jay Sekulow and Jason Schwartzman, separated at birth?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 09:25:15 AM

Separated even before birth.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 09:25:15 AM

Both of them could fit at the same time into the suit Sekulow was wearing yesterday.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

I let out a little gasp when I saw Roberts refuse to read Rand's question.  Hope Rand tells us what the question was. :o

I was watching on CBS in a car dealership waiting room (oil change) and the other three people there seemed monumentally indifferent to the procedings.  Take that for what you will.

I am furious with the Democrats for refusing to address the Hunter Biden/corruption narrative.  The were given the perfect chance to explain that Joe was leaning on Ukraine to oust the Attorney General who was *impeding* corruption investigation into Burisma, after Roberts gave their side 2 1/2 minutes to respond to the defense's answer to a question (was this another case of Roberts leaning into the Democrats side), but instead of debunking they just trotted out the canned speech about any focus on Hunter distracting from the main focus.  I just don't get it.  They've done what I consider to be questionable moves during the inquiry and impeachment process, but this one just boggles my mind.  They're acting just like people who have something to hide.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 02:14:15 PM
I let out a little gasp when I saw Roberts refuse to read Rand's question.  Hope Rand tells us what the question was. :o

I heard it wasn't read because it named the whistle blower. true?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on January 30, 2020, 02:19:18 PM
I heard it wasn't read because it named the whistle blower. true?

You've got more of the skinny than I do.  That would make sense though.

Admiral Yi

There are questions addressed to both sides but only answered by one.  Is that Roberts throwing his weight around?  One side (usually/always?) defense ducking the question and Roberts letting it go?

Roberts has shut down Schiff a couple times.  Seems to be when he switches from arguing the case to preaching.

I'd love to see someone bring a motion to overrule Roberts.