The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Does any of this matter? It has already been established that the POTUS can do what the fuck he wants and no one will give a shit until maybe years later when it's too late. It has already been established that the GOP takes its orders from the Kremlin. It has already been established that the US is a fucking joke.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on January 26, 2020, 03:46:29 PM
Does any of this matter? It has already been established that the POTUS can do what the fuck he wants and no one will give a shit until maybe years later when it's too late. It has already been established that the GOP takes its orders from the Kremlin. It has already been established that the US is a fucking joke.

Ok but there are still some hearsay objections to be resolved.  Priorities, man.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2020, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 26, 2020, 03:46:29 PM

Ok but there are still some hearsay objections to be resolved.  Priorities, man.

Fair enough.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2020, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 26, 2020, 03:28:54 PM
Its a good point.  And especially since there will be no evidence.  It is all just argument, opinion and political judgments.

There is an enormous amount of evidence. The House filed their trial record yesterday. 

I thought I read a couple of days ago that the Senate was not going to allow the filing of the evidence that was obtained during the impeachment inquiry.

The Minsky Moment

The resolution was changed - the House impeachment record will be presumptively admitted subject to the right of defense to raise evidentiary objections to exclude.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2020, 04:00:40 PM
The resolution was changed - the House impeachment record will be presumptively admitted subject to the right of defense to raise evidentiary objections to exclude.

Thanks  :)

Razgovory

During the impeachment Republicans kept demanding the whistle blower to testify.  I haven't heard anything from the Senate indicating they want the whistle blower to testify.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

What I don't get is if Bolton is willing to testify, why he doesn't just tell his story on air.

Maybe there are national security laws that say people can't discuss classified matters with the media, but can if subpoenaed by Congress?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2020, 04:59:55 PM
What I don't get is if Bolton is willing to testify, why he doesn't just tell his story on air.

Maybe there are national security laws that say people can't discuss classified matters with the media, but can if subpoenaed by Congress?

The man has a sense of drama and decor. Just look at his mustache.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 26, 2020, 05:01:32 PM

The man has a sense of drama and decor. Just look at his mustache.

That and he wants a big pay day on a book deal.

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Sheilbh

It might impact book sales?

That was certainly the vibe I got from the denial about the NYT story being coordinated:
Quote"Ambassador John Bolton, Simon & Schuster, and Javelin Literary categorically state that there was absolutely no coordination with the New York Times or anyone else regarding the appearance of information about his book, THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENED, at online booksellers. Any assertion to the contrary is unfounded speculation."
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Note to self: never tell Shelf you're writing a book.