The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I think Epstein might have been railroaded.  The accusations were essentially a shakedown.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2020, 03:41:23 PM
I think Epstein might have been railroaded.  The accusations were essentially a shakedown.

Any reason why you think that, or is this just conspiracy thinking?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 17, 2020, 06:49:39 PM
"Epstein didn't kill himself"?
BTW, WTF is up with that?  Surely there is a campaign organized somewhere to send trolls all over the Internet to paste that everywhere, but who's behind that?

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmf2PodFgi4&t=412s

Dershowitz on CNN explaining his limited impeachment role.

He has laid out his argument before.  What I found interesting is that he appears to be preparing, and has been engaged to, be a witness, which suggests the trial will not be a simple slam bam thank you ma'am dismissal vote.

Razgovory

So apparently there is some unknown Belgian involved in all this.  Or at least someone using a Belgian phone number.  Who ever it is was providing information on the Ambassador and claims that "We have someone on the inside".  So there are some more players involved.  This Republican Congressional candidate is fucked, he may have committed a crime and he's about to find out that  Trump's loyalty goes only one way.  Also, when was David Nunes going to tell us about his connections to these crooks?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2020, 03:35:31 AM
I mean that guy is fundraising off this.

He sounds like a mess / running in a district regularly returning a Democrat. His state party has asked him to give up his campaign.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/who-robert-hyde-latest-character-trump-impeachment-scandal-has-wild-n1116656
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 17, 2020, 06:56:50 PM
BTW, WTF is up with that?  Surely there is a campaign organized somewhere to send trolls all over the Internet to paste that everywhere, but who's behind that?

Maybe Epstein, if he is still alive like they claim?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2020, 03:41:23 PM

I don't get what you're saying. Explain railroaded and shakedown please.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on January 18, 2020, 01:44:55 AM

The claim is that he was murdered.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 18, 2020, 02:44:51 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 18, 2020, 01:44:55 AM

The claim is that he was murdered.

:o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on January 18, 2020, 02:18:20 AM
I don't get what you're saying. Explain railroaded and shakedown please.

The shakedown is the civil suit against first Epstein's, and later his estate.

Epstein liked banging pretty young girls, and he thought providing pretty young girls to clients and hangers on would help his business dealings.  AFAICT the girls participated willingly.  Still, he was technically in violation of prostitution and trafficking laws, not because he drugged them and held them down screaming while they were ass raped by Prince Andrew, but because the girls had crossed state and international borders.

So the lead plaintiff and a tort attorney get together and change the narrative from sleazy businessman pays young girls for sex to predation and sexual abuse, which resonates in the #MeToo environment.  The media is happy to buy into this narrative. Epstein's Florida plea now looks like an old boy corrupt deal so he's recharged.

Zoupa

I thought the main argument was that the girls were underage, ergo "willingly participating" is irrelevant. No?

Zoupa

I mean his first arrest was about a 14 year old girl. He pleaded guilty.

QuoteHe served almost 13 months in custody, but with extensive work release. He was convicted of only these two crimes as part of a plea deal; federal officials had in fact identified 36 girls, some as young as 14 years old, whom Epstein had sexually abused.