The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Open to it, but if McConnell doesn't allow any, she'll vote for immediate acquittal just like the rest.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

McConnell is in a bit of a bind: He can't move forward before Pelosi sends him the impeachment paper and every day moves closer to the point where the Courts force several witnesses to testify.  The last thing he needs is Bolton and Mulvanney testifying against the President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 01, 2020, 09:36:10 AM
Open to it, but if McConnell doesn't allow any, she'll vote for immediate acquittal just like the rest.

It's not Mitch's call.  2 senator's have already signaled no, both pretty strongly.  Only takes two more, or three if you net out Manchin.  That's doable.

Solmyr

Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz signaled before the election that they hated Trump.

Admiral Yi

So don't take their word for it if they say they're going to cross Mitch.

Admiral Yi

Has anyone else noticed how the Lev Parnas story line just disappeared?

All the Ukraine talk made me think of this.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2020, 03:54:09 PM
Has anyone else noticed how the Lev Parnas story line just disappeared?

All the Ukraine talk made me think of this.

Didn't he turn over materials to Schiff's committee? Might be things are moving there behind the scenes.

The Brain

Impeachment is still a thing? Trump won Iran.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

The judge in the Parnas criminal case just issued an order last week authorizing Parnas to turn over additional documents to the House. So things are still moving even if the story is off the front pages.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2020, 09:18:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sE0G9rKhzE

Pelosi sending articles next week.

Not sure that's a good idea.

Is it really better to have McConnel formally acquit Trump in a sham of a trial, rather than have them dismiss the charges without holding a trial as they've threatened to do if she doesn't send the articles over?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I doubt it will matter one way or another.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Is it me, or does it read like they were plotting to kill a sitting US ambassador?

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1217217088353337344
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Zoupa

It's kind of fascinating to see how fast the rot spreads. It really doesn't take much, does it...