The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You and Senator Murphy seem to think Trump's guilt will affect the outcome somehow?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 21, 2019, 08:34:38 PM
You and Senator Murphy seem to think Trump's guilt will affect the outcome somehow?  :huh:

It'll affect the outcome of senate elections next November.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Interesting docs.  No excuse to keep censoring Duffy.  Other than concealing evidence of presidential guilt.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

If the call was so "perfect" - why respond 90 minutes later with an aid freeze?
Waiting to hear GOP "explanation" on that one
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 23, 2019, 05:43:07 PM
If the call was so "perfect" - why respond 90 minutes later with an aid freeze?
Waiting to hear GOP "explanation" on that one

I don't understand what you are saying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

The OMB emails seem a little over-hyped to me.

They might be a smoking gun if Zelensky had said fuck your shitty political investigation you fat retarded comb over cocksucker during The Phone Call, but since he didn't the timing looks coincidental.

Sophie Scholl

He also didn't say, "Yes!  I'll do so immediately.  You are absolutely right, Mr. Greatest American Hero President, sir.  Let me know what else I can do for you."
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 23, 2019, 10:50:52 PM
He also didn't say, "Yes!  I'll do so immediately.  You are absolutely right, Mr. Greatest American Hero President, sir.  Let me know what else I can do for you."

So it's consistent with the facts that have already been presented.  My point is it's not the game changer that some CNN talking heads are presenting it as.

Sophie Scholl

Taken in isolation perhaps not, but when put together with the other pieces it is pretty damning.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2019, 11:44:59 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 23, 2019, 10:50:52 PM

So it's consistent with the facts that have already been presented.  My point is it's not the game changer that some CNN talking heads are presenting it as.

When Republicans brag that nothing can change their minds there is no game changer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2019, 12:28:08 AM
When Republicans brag that nothing can change their minds there is no game changer.

Every single Republican bragged about that?  Did they all do it at the same time, like a giant shout out?  I think I would have heard.

Come to think of it, I'm still a registered Republican, and I never bragged that nothing can change my mind.  So you must mean something different than every single Republican.

Sophie Scholl

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2019, 01:09:53 AM
Tell me what the flesh and blood man is.

There is zero chance 20 Senate Republicans vote to convict.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?