The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 17, 2019, 11:07:48 PM
God, I hate this.  I know Trump won't be removed, and will probably be reelected.  I still believe it was the right thing to do, but it feels like we're at Balaclava and Lord Raglan just gave us the fatal order.

Unless they're significantly more competent at electoral fraud then everything else they've tried, how?

The polls have been consistently in the 53-56% disapprove zone for almost three years now.

They lost 41 house seats. They've lost governor houses in blood red states like Kentucky and Louisiana. The statehouse in Va flipped.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Nobody ever went broke overestimating the stupidity of the American people... well, except Trump did it four times. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2019, 11:37:50 PM
God, I hate this.  I know Trump won't be removed, and will probably be reelected.  I still believe it was the right thing to do, but it feels like we're at Balaclava and Lord Raglan just gave us the fatal order.

Unless they're significantly more competent at electoral fraud then everything else they've tried, how?

The polls have been consistently in the 53-56% disapprove zone for almost three years now.

They lost 41 house seats. They've lost governor houses in blood red states like Kentucky and Louisiana. The statehouse in Va flipped.

Tainted.

Welcome guys to the future Trumpland gulag.  :(

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2019, 11:37:50 PMUnless they're significantly more competent at electoral fraud then everything else they've tried, how?

This impeachment will show the people on the right that Trump is a criminal and they won't vote for him again. It's a brilliant strategy.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

The people on the Right aren't stupid.  They know exactly what kind of man he is.  He's bad man who does bad things.  That's why they elected him; they want him to bad things to people they don't like.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Yes. There was a longish article on n+1 discussing this aspect of Trump - he's not a paragon of conservative virtue. He's a champion chosen to fight without quarters against existential enemies.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 18, 2019, 12:14:21 PM
Yes. There was a longish article on n+1 discussing this aspect of Trump - he's not a paragon of conservative virtue. He's a champion chosen to fight without quarters against existential enemies.

So Tina Turner/Mad Max, or Master/Blaster? :hmm:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2019, 11:37:50 PM

Maybe. The fundamentals are incredibly strong for the GOP - I mean Reagan in '84 strong. Which, if they win, is how they'll do it.

That it's competitive at all is an indication of Trump's issues.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ancient Demon

Getting a pre-existing investigation into a foreign company back on track after Joe Biden derailed it is pretty benign stuff (prompting it from nothing would be different). It's funny to see people supporting impeachment on these grounds claim to care about rule of law, as if anyone here would withhold a vote for or support the impeachment of Biden for his own prior intervention into the same matter.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

HVC

I'm assuming the senate vote isn't a anonymous thing?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.