The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

It's striking how different the narrative about this event is on Fox News vs. the other mainstream channels.  If all you're digesting is Fox you really might believe that this was a Democrat scam.

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on November 20, 2019, 11:25:47 AM
Trump's defenders are now attacking Sondland as a member of the Deep State and as a reason for Trump being elected in the first place.

Sondland donated $1m to Trump's 2016 campaign. He was appointed by Trump.

They really do have complete contempt for their audience.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised with the defense of "Don't actually watch it, it's boring, just have faith in your President".

Nudnik seems to be saying that because Ukrainians said negative things about Trump in 2016, Trump was right to shake them down.  We are increasingly reaching a point where criticizing the President is tantamount to treason.  The central narrative that the Democrats hacked their own server and then hid it in war-torn Ukraine has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hamilcar

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 20, 2019, 12:24:54 PM
Trump is done.

He's been reported as being over, finished, "done" so many times, going back not only to the start of his campaign in 2015, but back to his early 90s bankruptcies and divorce...

I'll believe he's done when officially out of the Whitehouse, and not one moment sooner.  Even then he'll still probably haunt the world in one way or another.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

frunk

He's not done until the Senate turns, or he decides to take the "resign and pardon by Pence" route.

Sheilbh

Weren't there loads of rumours he was planning to run for Senate anyway? Made an unusual number of trips to Kansas for a Secretary of State.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2019, 01:12:40 PM
Weren't there loads of rumours he was planning to run for Senate anyway? Made an unusual number of trips to Kansas for a Secretary of State.

Pompeo?  Yes.

Admiral Yi

I wish we had some information on the decision-making to finally release the aid to Ukraine.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2019, 01:22:52 PM
I wish we had some information on the decision-making to finally release the aid to Ukraine.

The money was released after the whistleblower complaint was made public.  How much more do we need to know?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on November 20, 2019, 01:23:58 PM
The money was released after the whistleblower complaint was made public.  How much more do we need to know?

A paper trail would be nice.  Cuppa two tree staffers saying "yeah it was released because we got caught" under oath.