The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'd like Republicans to put their money were their mouths are and put a bill forward that nobody can be charged with a crime without the right to cross examine witness.  Perhaps one that forces police to provide people suspected of crimes the names of all the people who have provided information.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Republican House members attending hearings in their traditional "Stop Snitching" t-shirts.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 11, 2019, 09:48:29 AM
Republican House members attending hearings in their traditional "Stop Snitching" t-shirts.

Seriously?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

So the Republican defense boils down to "don't listen to this, it's boring.  We'll tell you what you need to know".

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2019, 09:12:52 AM
I'd like Republicans to put their money were their mouths are and put a bill forward that nobody can be charged with a crime without the right to cross examine witness. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, but there's no need for a bill for that--it's already in the Sixth Amendment.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on November 13, 2019, 11:31:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2019, 09:12:52 AM
I'd like Republicans to put their money were their mouths are and put a bill forward that nobody can be charged with a crime without the right to cross examine witness. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, but there's no need for a bill for that--it's already in the Sixth Amendment.

Charging someone with a crime involves going to a grand jury.  Grand jury proceedings are secret and the defendant is not allow to cross examine anyone.  My point is that the due process Trump and his enablers in Congress are demanding is not afforded to anyone else in the country.  If they are really concerned about this, they should pass laws that would allow anyone to enjoy these rights, not just billionaires named Donald Trump.

Valmy

This isn't secret anyway. Anybody can watch and the Republicans can cross examine on the President's behalf if they choose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26j2a3WDXE

Roger Stone (remember him?) found guilty of lying to Congress and obstructing justice, and other stuff.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2019, 03:52:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26j2a3WDXE

Roger Stone (remember him?) found guilty of lying to Congress and obstructing justice, and other stuff.

Well, it's not quite Roger Stone swinging from a lamp post, but it's good.

Admiral Yi

I wonder what the deal is with the soul brother preacher and the black Kato carrying the sign.

Zoupa

Trump will just pardon Stone. Banana republic ftw.

Ambassador Yovanovitch's testimony today was something else. She got a standing ovation at the end, from members of the public, never seen that before. I wonder how senate republicans can look themselves in the mirror.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on November 15, 2019, 08:46:53 PM

Ambassador Yovanovitch's testimony today was something else. She got a standing ovation at the end, from members of the public, never seen that before. I wonder how senate republicans can look themselves in the mirror.

The whole thing is nauseating.  While Trump has some genuine supporters in the House, most Republicans are simply terrified of him.  It's like a trial were the defendant is pointing a gun at the jury box the entire time.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2019, 08:52:44 PM

The whole thing is nauseating.  While Trump has some genuine supporters in the House, most Republicans are simply terrified of him.  It's like a trial were the defendant is pointing a gun at the jury box the entire time.

What are they afraid he'll do to them?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Suetonius and Tacitus are good authors to consult on what happens when a state has a spineless senate.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on November 16, 2019, 03:29:58 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2019, 08:52:44 PM

What are they afraid he'll do to them?

Make them lose their jobs. :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?