The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I see the master manipulator, Vladimir Putin at work here, agent 'Marco Polo' has been ordered to start Operation 'Maximum Taint'.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: dps on November 01, 2019, 03:28:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 01, 2019, 02:17:19 AM
I'm really surprised there hasn't been more assasination attempts over there given the language . I recall just one against a guy playing baseball?
Death threats against politicians seems to be the new normal over here 😔

Assassinations and the like are a tool of those who believe that they represent a group whose views are a minority opinion, and won't get a say in a fair election.  But over here, extremists on both ends of the spectrum think that they represent a majority view, and figure they'll win in a fair election.

I'm not sure there
The vast majority of the bollocks in the UK is coming from the brexit brigade who have a pretty firm hand on power.
Those being denied democracy are largely peaceful, a milkshake or two excluded.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

It is more complex than that. Especially if you layer on the abuse Labour MPs receive. It's not just Brexit or Leavers.

The main feature here is how much worse it is for women MPs. As I say we now have a police team specifically for the protection of MPs, there's at least one conviction for a plot to murder an MP (by far-right) and there's the Jess Philips story of having to share a stage with a candidate who was best known for tweeting that Philips "wasn't even worth raping".
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I think there is a fair amount of straightforward mysogyny going on, regardless of political affiliation. Its very depressing, when i was young I hoped we would have got rid of this by the time I was old, instead things seem to be getting worse  :(

Josquius

It doesn't necessarily derive from brexit of course. But there's an almost perfect overlap between those people who devote a huge chunk of energy to flinging hate at Diane Abbot and your stereotypical gammon.

Nobody would ever claim the left are completely perfect angels who have never done anything wrong. But it is overwhelmingly coming from the right.

There was an American report a few months back that found pretty similar. IIRC 74% of political violence coming from the white right vs 2% from the left.  Yet this violence hasn't been directed at politicians largely.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrET-ogQDE

Trump asked the UK to help discredit Meuller report the day after he talked to Ukraine.  AG Barr in the thick of things.

Richard Hakluyt

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2019, 06:02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrET-ogQDE

Trump asked the UK to help discredit Meuller report the day after he talked to Ukraine.  AG Barr in the thick of things.

There is something really wrong with that guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Well it looks like the "We were only concerned with corruption" argument went out the window.  Trump was pressuring the Ukrainians to stop the investigation of Manafort.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Gordon Sondland was about the only witness at the House impeachment inquiry who said that Ukrainian military aid was not linked to the investigation of Hunter Biden.  His evidence was contradicted by many other witnesses.

GUess what - he know recalls that he told a Ukrainian National Security advisor that yes, the aid likely wouldn't be released until HUnter Biden was investigated.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/05/sondland-reverses-himself-on-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-000318
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Trump values loyalty above all else, but will throw his minions under the bus at the first opportunity. Good to see the bus is headed the other way this time.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofs7b6w1Pts&t=246s

This clip is about Rudy's problematic involvement with a Romanian corruption case, but in passing it mentions that the first American the Romanian greaseball hired was none other than...Hunter Biden. 

And the second one he hired, the one who passed the job on to Rudy was, of all people, former FBI director Louis Freeh.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2019, 03:43:57 PM
Trump values loyalty above all else, but will throw his minions under the bus at the first opportunity. Good to see the bus is headed the other way this time.  :D

Meh. It seems to follow the pivot to the "yes, there was a quid pro quo, so what?", defense that Republicans are now mustering.
Que le grand cric me croque !