The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I wonder what "corruption related to  the DNC server" is supposed to mean.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2019, 02:15:06 PM
I wonder what "corruption related to  the DNC server" is supposed to mean.

Trump continues to believe the conspiracy theory that the Ukrainians, not Russians, hacked Hillary's emails.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2019, 02:16:47 PM
Trump continues to believe the conspiracy theory that the Ukrainians, not Russians, hacked Hillary's emails.

No shit.  Never heard that.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2019, 02:42:28 PM

Interesting piece from a few weeks ago that attempts to explain the rings of conspiracy theories that seem to be believed in Trumpland.

https://thebulwark.com/this-is-what-reality-looks-like-from-inside-trump-world/

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2019, 03:00:22 PM
I'm not even sure how to respond anymore.

Perhaps you should feel reassured - mental illness no longer disqualifies you from high level government positions.  In fact it's almost required!

Zoupa

The Brain

Quote from: Zoupa on October 17, 2019, 05:08:40 PM
That's kind of in bad taste Beeb.

I don't think we need to treat Trump and his posse with kid gloves.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2019, 02:42:28 PM

It was one of the centerpieces in the transcript that Trump released. He demanded Zelensky investigate Biden and find the servers of Hillary emails in Ukraine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on October 10, 2019, 10:23:07 AM
Conviction in the Senate trial results in immediate removal from office and the VP becoming President.
thanks! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 10, 2019, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: viper37 on October 10, 2019, 10:21:48 AM
Is the removal from office final after the Senate vote, or can the President appeal to the Supreme Court?

The Senate's judgement is not reviewable.  The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the Senate trial.
Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2019, 10:28:11 AM
A bunch of judges have been impeached in the past and AFAIK none have ever been given the opportunity to appeal once convicted. I don't see why the President would be able to.

Ok, I had forgotten about the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presiding the trial.  It's only the 3rd impeachment since I was born :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2019, 02:12:41 PM
So we should vote for an outsider because the establishment politicians are too corrupt...but he is going to be corrupt anyway because the establishment politicians are corrupt?
Yes.  Your best bet is to amend the US Constitution and allow foreign born residents to become President. We'll send you Justin Trudeau.  For free.  We'll even throw half of the Liberal Party of Canada in the pot to sweeten the deal.

Zoupa

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2019, 07:39:10 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 17, 2019, 05:08:40 PM
That's kind of in bad taste Beeb.

Nah, it's cool.

Glad to hear.  No disrespect was at all intended.  You've been open with your past, and I thought it would be funny.

Besides I know you'd never stoop so low to work in the Trump White House. :hug: