The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Definitely :lol:

I've always thought he wanted to lose and spend the next four years ranting about how the vote was rigged and Clinton scandals to magnificent mutual profit on Fox.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 04, 2019, 02:38:58 PM
I think you've got that the wrong way round. I think the Republican party is the political wing of Fox. If the polls turn in a big way I think Fox would dump him.

How do the polls turn more against him when Fox is telling his fans that he's done nothing wrong?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

It has a lot of viewers, for a news channel, and it helps him have a low floor. But the people who watch Fox News or any other news channel are already unusually politically engaged. The polls will turn if this reaches the tens of millions who tune in and out of politics.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 04, 2019, 02:52:12 PM
I think you've got that the wrong way round. I think the Republican party is the political wing of Fox. If the polls turn in a big way I think Fox would dump him.

How do the polls turn more against him when Fox is telling his fans that he's done nothing wrong?

Fox is starting to turn against him.  Maybe.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-trump-attacks-presidency

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/fox-news-trump-ukraine-tucker-carlson-shepard-smith-feud.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

I don't think they can dump Trump until they find somebody who can crank the insane up even higher.

frunk

I think the decision making is far too centralized for that to be a meaningful distinction.

Valmy

Napolitano is one of those strict constitution types, he is hardly representative of Fox.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2019, 04:59:46 PM
Napolitano is one of those strict constitution types, he is hardly representative of Fox.

But still - it was published on the Fox News website.  That's something.

And things are somewhat different with Lachlan Murdoch now running the show.  A Trump/Fox split is not impossible to imagine.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

A lot of Fox News heads are also calling it a coup, so I don't think there near the tipping point yet, if they'll ever get there.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Romney has said Trump is wacked for asking China to investigate Biden.  If Donald goes twittertard on Romney that would ease the path to impeachment.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2019, 05:07:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2019, 04:59:46 PM

But still - it was published on the Fox News website.  That's something.

And things are somewhat different with Lachlan Murdoch now running the show.  A Trump/Fox split is not impossible to imagine.
I'm not so sure.  Sheppard Smith and the Judge have been saying anti-Trump stuff for a long while now, as far as I know.  Whatever the reasons are for their contrarian attitude on Fox, it has never made an impact.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2019, 07:21:23 PM
Romney has said Trump is wacked for asking China to investigate Biden.  If Donald goes twittertard on Romney that would ease the path to impeachment.

You mean like this? :lol:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2h
I'm hearing that the Great People of Utah are considering their vote for their Pompous Senator, Mitt Romney, to be a big mistake. I agree! He is a fool who is playing right into the hands of the Do Nothing Democrats! #IMPEACHMITTROMNEY
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Romney can easily run circles around Trump intellectually, which is exactly what he's doing. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

McConnell says he will prevent impeachment to make it through the Senate.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.