The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 26, 2019, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2019, 09:13:28 AM
That's amazing, how did you come by this remarkable information?

https://youtu.be/GibiNy4d4gc

Yeah, so you made some shit up.  Please refrain from that in the future. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on September 26, 2019, 10:18:03 AM
Much bette question: Where do Pence's loyalties lies?  Will he be leading a charge against the Democrats while plotting to have GOP Senators vote against Trump?

Pence's loyalties lie with Pence, of course.  Back in 2016 when the "grab them by the pussy" tape came out, Pence was angling around about dumping Trump and putting him at the head of the ticket.

Since then, however, he's done his best to prove his utmost loyalty to Trump.

I have no doubt that when it comes to it Pence would have no doubt sticking the dagger in Trump's back - but he'll only do it at the last possible moment.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2019, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 26, 2019, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2019, 09:13:28 AM
That's amazing, how did you come by this remarkable information?

https://youtu.be/GibiNy4d4gc

Yeah, so you made some shit up.  Please refrain from that in the future.

Eh? I'm just saying, politicians tend to focus on right now and let tomorrow take care of itself. Especially the climate change denying variety.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Can anyone picture a scenario where, even though he won't get impeached, Trump decides NOT to run in 2020. I'm thinking these past two years have probably been the most stressful in his life, and what, really, is in it for him, from here on in? He was president, he achieved that goal. Why go though all this "persecution" for another four years?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

merithyn

Quote from: Josephus on September 26, 2019, 12:11:43 PM
Can anyone picture a scenario where, even though he won't get impeached, Trump decides NOT to run in 2020. I'm thinking these past two years have probably been the most stressful in his life, and what, really, is in it for him, from here on in? He was president, he achieved that goal. Why go though all this "persecution" for another four years?

Money, continued adulation by foreign Presidents and dignitaries, martyr syndrome....
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

I think he's having the time of his life.

Barrister

I suspect he is enjoying it, but I can see such a scenario.  Lets say he is trailing in the polls in a big way.  Rather than go down in defeat he decides to resign so he remains undefeated.

Problem with that theory is the moment he resigns he loses his immunity from prosecution.  Maybe Pence pardons him (although the Nixon pardon didn't do Ford any favours), but there's still state prosecutions out there.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

He was vain enough to run for President the first time, so he's vain enough to run again. But I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't. Hard to believe he's enjoying it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

The best way for Trump to avoid prosecution at any future point is to stay in office as long as possible.  He's not walking away without a handpicked successor in place.

FunkMonk

He'll stay as long as possible in the White House. The Trump Train has to keep steaming ahead otherwise it explodes. It's like that Keanu Reeves movie.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 26, 2019, 01:02:10 PM
He'll stay as long as possible in the White House. The Trump Train has to keep steaming ahead otherwise it explodes. It's like that Keanu Reeves movie.

"The bus that couldn't slow down"?

But yes. Trump would have to die in office before he wouldn't run again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2019, 01:03:17 PM

You're thinking of the Turkish release.  In America it was called Speed.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2019, 01:08:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2019, 01:03:17 PM

You're thinking of the Turkish release.  In America it was called Speed.

It was a Simpsons reference.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Yeah that was probably obscure enough that I should have put the clip in there.

But being Languish Syt still got it  :lol:

Edit: Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrIvKKT_nk
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."