The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2019, 11:23:14 AMWell one option I've heard thrown around is that the House might not immediately send it to the Senate - that Pelosi might sit on it.  This would be a means of leverage to try and ensure fair terms of a trial in the Senate.

This is turning into very expensive psychotherapy for the Democrats.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

One thing that is remarkable is that it is not just a few members of congress repeating the Fox News/White House talking points.  It every single Republican member of congress. 

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 19, 2019, 11:59:10 AM
One thing that is remarkable is that it is not just a few members of congress repeating the Fox News/White House talking points.  It every single Republican member of congress.

What else are they supposed to do? Go back working mundane office jobs in the private sector?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on December 19, 2019, 12:00:31 PM

What else are they supposed to do? Go back working mundane office jobs in the private sector?

Just remarkable how quickly they have all become Trumpists.  I thought there may be some conservatives left.

Admiral Yi

Similar to the "did Trump write this" game that Joan proposed, I think it's fun to watch individual Republicans talking and try to guess their level of True Belief.

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 19, 2019, 12:03:46 PM

Just remarkable how quickly they have all become Trumpists.  I thought there may be some conservatives left.

What's impressive to me is how little they care that some of their talking points were concocted by Russian intelligence. They know it's bullshit, they know it came from Russia, and they keep parroting anyways. It's incredible.

The Brain

What do you expect? They're Republicans. Anyone who is a Republican in 2019 is scum. GHWB was a looong time ago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
Well one option I've heard thrown around is that the House might not immediately send it to the Senate - that Pelosi might sit on it.  This would be a means of leverage to try and ensure fair terms of a trial in the Senate.

I was wondering how Pelosi could hold up Senate action after the House had voted out impeachment, but I've since learned that she still has to name the impeachment managers.  :shifty:

Sheilbh

I expected more to go down the "this is unacceptable conduct, of course, and I am deeply, deeply concerned. But it isn't impeachable and that's not what the country needs right now" route.

As it turns out they've all gone down the crazy Ukraine interfering in our elections conspiracy theory route.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

So apparently Putin told Trump that it was Ukraine that interfered in the election and Trump said he believes Putin.  Is anyone on the Republican side pointing out that none of that makes any Goddamn sense?  The Democrats had Ukraine hack their server to sabotage their own chance at winning the election so they could later impeach Donald Trump?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioCDIiaaifE

My impression is that Christianity Today is a magazine of the (rapidly shrinking) moderate/hippie wing of Protestantism.  This is based on the fact that my father (definitely hippie wing) subscribes, and that the editor in chief in this CNN interview describes himself as centrist.  So not going to move the dial.

This clip is worth checking out for Trump's twitterspazz.  Comes at 2:13 of the clip.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2019, 07:09:10 PM

I expected more to go down the "this is unacceptable conduct, of course, and I am deeply, deeply concerned. But it isn't impeachable and that's not what the country needs right now" route.

As it turns out they've all gone down the crazy Ukraine interfering in our elections conspiracy theory route.

That's what they wanted to do, but Trump pitched a fit because everything he does is perfect, and anyone saying otherwise is a traitor.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Docs linked inside
https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1208418143879794689

Quote from: Senator Murphy of CT🚨This is breaking news and it's important. New documents show:

1. Ukraine aid was held just hours after the Trump/Zelensky "do us a favor" call

2. Internal notes show Trump's direct involvement

3. Staff knew it was wrong, kept it secret
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point