The Impeachment of President Donald J Trump

Started by FunkMonk, September 24, 2019, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

If the Senate does not vote to remove then it's not impeachable.  If it's not impeachable then Congress should start sending letters to Panama, Indonesia, and any other country that Trump has business in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 26, 2019, 06:48:34 PM
If the Senate does not vote to remove then it's not impeachable.  If it's not impeachable then Congress should start sending letters to Panama, Indonesia, and any other country that Trump has business in.
You think they'll impeach him?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 26, 2019, 08:14:24 PM

Yeah.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on November 26, 2019, 08:14:24 PM
100% the House will vote to impeach.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 26, 2019, 04:05:14 PMIncidentally the CNN poll is interesting. It feels like, like everything else with Trump, it's just flatlining on both sides.

Yeah.

Yet another overhyped dud from the Democrats. McConnell can then use the Senate circus to put the Bidens on trial and tie up Bernie, Harris and Warren for months in DC when they should be on the stump.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: Legbiter on November 27, 2019, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 26, 2019, 04:05:14 PMIncidentally the CNN poll is interesting. It feels like, like everything else with Trump, it's just flatlining on both sides.

Yeah.

Yet another overhyped dud from the Democrats. McConnell can then use the Senate circus to put the Bidens on trial and tie up Bernie, Harris and Warren for months in DC when they should be on the stump.

Are you having a stroke?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Why on earth would Mitch schedule "months" for an impeachment trial - that would be insane?

The threat against the Bidens isn't very credible because there is no evidence against them.  What is there to do?

A Senate impeachment trial isn't exactly analogous to a federal criminal trial but the procedures are somewhat similar. You can't just fling shit around like they do on Fox News.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 27, 2019, 03:24:19 PM
Why on earth would Mitch schedule "months" for an impeachment trial - that would be insane?

The threat against the Bidens isn't very credible because there is no evidence against them.  What is there to do?

A Senate impeachment trial isn't exactly analogous to a federal criminal trial but the procedures are somewhat similar. You can't just fling shit around like they do on Fox News.

I don't even know how Moscow Mitch could even "schedule" months of impeachment trial.  The case managers are going to be Democrats from the House, and their case will drive the timeline of the schedule.  Neither would the Democratic case managers have any ability (even had they the desire) to "put the Bidens on trial" since the trial will be over the articles of impeachment, not the fantasy of the Trumpeters.

I think just thinking about the impeachment proceedings is giving Trumpeters strokes, because they can see what is going to happen to their by when administration people start testifying under oath.  This is the true Trump Derangement Syndrome.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

So, Trump has been invited to testify or to question witnesses in the House by the Dems.

I wonder if he'll try to lie under oath?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

Quote from: viper37 on November 28, 2019, 02:12:30 AM

I wonder if he'll try to lie under oath?

I wonder when he'll start throwing his own family under the bus to save himself.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2019, 08:33:52 PM
Executive summary?

Kitchen sink.  They seem to be pinning a lot on the fact that Trump didn't explicitly say during Teh Call "if you do this I will release the aid."

Read the executive summary in the link.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2019, 08:37:12 PM
Kitchen sink.  They seem to be pinning a lot on the fact that Trump didn't explicitly say during Teh Call "if you do this I will release the aid."

Read the executive summary in the link.

On that theory most convicted mob bosses would have to be freed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson