Does anyone care at all?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

That's rugby union (XV), not rugby league (XIII), before someone asks.  :P

Agelastus

Gotta submit my vote for England.

But it's more likely that New Zealand will win, despite the couple of adverse results they have had recently.

And yes, I do care and am looking forward to watching what I can of it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Pedrito

I'm hoping for an Ireland (possible, not probable yet) or Wales (less possible) win, but I fear NZ or England will win the trophy.

Ireland is at their peak lately, and Wales, well, Wales is always a pleasure to watch. Not that NZ isn't an exceptional team, though...

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

Finally got around to watching a game.

Oh dear USA
██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2019, 06:28:20 AM
Finally got around to watching a game.

Oh dear USA

What? We were just happy to be there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I guess I should have read the thread before casting my clueless homer vote.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Wales Aus was a great game to watch

Admiral Yi

Japan doesn't look very Japanese.

garbon

I randomly ended up watching the final today. Oh poor, poor England.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

That was a fun final to watch.  Impressive defending by the South Africans in the first half and complete dominance in the scrums.

I watched a recording of that game and then watched some NFL games. 

A couple of points of comparison that really jumped out - Rugby knows how to do replays right.  They are quick, you can hear everything that is being said by the refs and the replay booth and so the viewer, coaches and players know exactly why the decision was made. Rugby is also a lot less worried about technical rules than football.  All the rules of the game are open to the ref's interpretation and the ref doesn't really care about all the little infractions that don't materially affect the game.  In football everyone makes a huge deal about an offensive lineman flinching that had no effect on the game whatsoever. But it is a technical violation of the rules and so must be punished.