News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2019

Started by PDH, August 25, 2019, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I got free tickets to the Ducks v Montana game this Saturday. The seats are on the 50-yard line, half-way up. Hard not to watch the Ducks around here, so I'm starting to follow them a bit by default, and they look pretty good. My girlfriend - also newly single - is going with me, and we're planning a girls' weekend of drunken debauchery. (We're both nearing 50, so probably more like a few drinks, the game, then crashing, but still...)

This will be fun! I'll drive down early to watch the Iowa v Iowa State game, then tailgate until the Ducks game. ^_^
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Well WV sure put NC State in their place Spicey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Wyoming showed that through grind it out, 3 yards and a cloud of dust football they can beat an FCS team 21-16...

It is hard to be a Wyoming fan, the very occasional highs, the more frequent lows, and the times in between when they win against a weaker opponent just barely...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Ouch.  Kentucky just broke Florida's QB in half.

Valmy

An Iowa State fan's reaction to the ridiculous way they found to lose to Iowa:

QuoteThis state is a god forsaken vortex of shit weather where the human spirit routinely triumphs over talent or merit then drowns it in alcohol to spit in the face of the universe and dare karma to fuck it even harder just to prove we can take it.

Holy shit, pass the Tylenol.

I don't know quite what it means but I found it inspiring -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Well damn.

Arizona looked....good.

A 99 yard drive in the 4th to put the game away up 1 score.

13 plays. 99 yards. Not one pass.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: dps on September 01, 2019, 12:58:36 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2019, 12:36:54 AM
Kentucky, Tennessee, and South Carolina are all hot garbage.

Agree on Tennessee and probably South Carolina (they just lost to UNC, so they can't be much good), but Kentucky might be good.  I do think that Florida is better than Kentucky, but the Kentucky game isn't a gimme, IMO.

Yeah well that game against Kentucky was one shitty team versus another shitty team. Florida is still top 10.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2019, 09:19:18 AM
Well damn.

Arizona looked....good.

A 99 yard drive in the 4th to put the game away up 1 score.

13 plays. 99 yards. Not one pass.

Arizona just ruined this week for all of west Texas, I hope Arizona is proud of itself.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2019, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: dps on September 01, 2019, 12:58:36 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2019, 12:36:54 AM
Kentucky, Tennessee, and South Carolina are all hot garbage.

Agree on Tennessee and probably South Carolina (they just lost to UNC, so they can't be much good), but Kentucky might be good.  I do think that Florida is better than Kentucky, but the Kentucky game isn't a gimme, IMO.

Yeah well that game against Kentucky was one shitty team versus another shitty team. Florida is still top 10.

Odd complaint from a fan of the highest ranked team with a loss.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 15, 2019, 01:57:51 PM
Odd complaint from a fan of the highest ranked team with a loss.

Not really. How is it? Anyway it was a follow up to a conversation and prediction made prior to that loss.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2019, 10:55:33 PM
An Iowa State fan's reaction to the ridiculous way they found to lose to Iowa:

QuoteThis state is a god forsaken vortex of shit weather where the human spirit routinely triumphs over talent or merit then drowns it in alcohol to spit in the face of the universe and dare karma to fuck it even harder just to prove we can take it.

Holy shit, pass the Tylenol.

I don't know quite what it means but I found it inspiring -_-

I dunno what it means either, but... yes. I agree.

merithyn

Ducks game was ... not much fun. Montana was mowed down like a little league team.

And I had to miss the Iowa v Iowa State game for it. Damn lightening delay. :mad:

alfred russel

If you think things are bad, they could be worse. Georgia Tech lost to the Citadel.

Now this is a rebuilding year if there ever has been a rebuilding year for Georgia Tech, as they are moving on from Paul Johnson and the triple option. But the Citadel is not just an FCS school, they are a bad FCS school -- coming into the game at 0-2 off losses to Towson and Elon and picked to finish in the bottom half of their conference.

To make matters really bad? The Citadel runs the triple option.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2019, 06:08:00 PM

Yeah, I guess they made adjustments in the 2nd half.  I'll take it.  But they still won't beat Kansas.  Not after seeing what they did on the road at BC :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2019, 12:37:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2019, 06:08:00 PM

Yeah, I guess they made adjustments in the 2nd half.  I'll take it.  But they still won't beat Kansas.  Not after seeing what they did on the road at BC :o

Well they did beat Kansas.

Texas will be there in two weeks for a match up of 1-0 Big 12 teams.