News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2019

Started by PDH, August 25, 2019, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Have you all seen the pic of the Florida State receiver lined up facing the wrong way?  Reminds me of the video of the two UF players blocking each other from a few years ago.

Valmy

Fucking LSU! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Wyoming wins over mighty Texas State 23-14.  Another glorious win over a mediocre (at best) opponent.  Of course Missouri (whom Wyoming merely beat last week) beat WVU (sorry Spicey) today, so technically Wyoming get credit for that victory as well under the modified "Fan Equivalency Wins System"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

West Virginia was terrible.

Still gave up fewer points than Texas though :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2019, 11:41:05 PM

I'm sorry Valmy.  Texas needs to do like Ohio State and schedule the creampuffs in their home state every year.  Maybe then they can reach the heights of a UWyo program.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Well Texas is feasting on Rice next week, in the Ohio State spirit.

Speaking of which has anybody else had a hard time watching Ohio State since Ed stopped posting? It just makes me sad now.

Eddie Teach

Had a hard time watching TOSU since I was born. Bleh.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

ESPN has Iowa ranked #16, one better than Ohio State. :w00t:

I know it's temporary, but I'm going to enjoy it this week.  Until Michigan knocks them out next week.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Quote from: merithyn on September 08, 2019, 10:27:08 AM

I know it's temporary, but I'm going to enjoy it this week.  Until Michigan knocks them out next week.

Unless the Iowa team has renamed itself "bye" Michigan doesn't play them next week.

Oct 5th is the game date.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2019, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 08, 2019, 10:27:08 AM

Unless the Iowa team has renamed itself "bye" Michigan doesn't play them next week.

Oct 5th is the game date.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  :blush:

New standings have Iowa at 19, anyway. ESPN was being gracious, it appears.  :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2019, 11:41:05 PM

I switched over to Michigan-Army in the 2nd half but it looked like Mizzou was letting up on WVU.  I bet they could have put up 70 if they really wanted.  WVU is terrible.  They won't beat Kansas. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Don't lose hope: Kansas lost to somebody called "Coastal Carolina".

derspiess

I had low expectations for WVU's new coach.  I had somewhat high expectations for their Oklahoma transfer Kendall. I could have dealt with a "normal" loss, but this was flat out embarrassing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2019, 09:27:04 AM
I had low expectations for WVU's new coach.  I had somewhat high expectations for their Oklahoma transfer Kendall. I could have dealt with a "normal" loss, but this was flat out embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as Mizzou losing to Wyoming the week before.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

I knew you were going to point that out  :lol:

Well look on the bright side: you are not a Tennessee fan.