News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Knights of Honor II

Started by Syt, August 20, 2019, 07:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I recall playing the original. It was quite fine for its time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/736820/Knights_of_Honor_II__Sovereign/

QuoteBecome the King and wrestle over control of Europe in this fresh take on medieval real-time grand strategy.
Sovereign includes all the depth players desire while being the gate-way game to the grand strategy genre, presenting the world as a
living, breathing miniature, alive and ripe for the taking. Choose your royal court carefully and determine the destiny of your people,
be it riches, conquest, intrigue, trade, or defeat! Raise armies to defend your lands or take war to the enemy - even jump into
battle directly in action-packed RTS combat. The path is open: become the true Sovereign of your people.

Features
Accessible Grand Strategy - All the depth of religion, diplomacy, city development, and more, with none of the confusion
Real-Time Gameplay - Medieval Europe comes alive, no turns needed
Royal Court - Appoint Marshalls, Clerics, Merchants, Diplomats, and Spies to exert your will across the land
RTS Battles - Lead your armies directly in riveting RTS engagements
Robust Multiplayer - Join with multiple friends to take on the challenges of medieval Europe

To be published by THQ Nordic.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I liked the first iteration too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I never played the first version, though I'd heard nothing but good things. I'm looking forward to this now since I missed the boat. Hopefully it'll have good multiplayer as well? Having a ~2 hour playable MP game would be pretty cool.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien