Main Menu

Amazon burning: Reichstag part II?

Started by viper37, August 21, 2019, 09:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 28, 2019, 03:11:33 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2019, 05:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 27, 2019, 04:44:45 AM
In Sweden we chopped down all our forests a long time ago, today there are only some tiny isolated pockets of virgin forest left.

Well, that's something that has been bugging me in general, i.e. that we Europeans enjoy prosperity and a highly advanced infrastructure because we have eradicated our ancient forests a long time ago and have no intentions of returning them, but we demand that the ROTW indulges us and keep things conserved for the greater good.

Well yeah, just because Europeans did crappy things in the past doesn't mean everyone else should be doing the same things today.

Sure, but it still morally questionable to force sub-European living standards on people so that we don't have to tear up our suburbs and shopping malls and motorways to re-plant forests.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2019, 03:46:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2019, 08:38:05 PM

Well, that's something that has been bugging me in general, i.e. that we Europeans enjoy prosperity and a highly advanced infrastructure because we have eradicated our ancient forests a long time ago and have no intentions of returning them, but we demand that the ROTW indulges us and keep things conserved for the greater good.

I mean you eradicated those forests in the pre-industrial era did you not? In any case I don't think a modern state needs vast farmland to be successful.

Anyway this is the whole "we are not deforesting YOU ARE" shit the nationalists always pull. It is not like only European countries who care about this sort of thing. It is just whataboutism.

But it isn't just deforesting. Same issue when India wants to use polluting sources of energy production that the West used with impunity for a long time.

Well that is different. We are still doing that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2019, 04:20:11 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 28, 2019, 03:11:33 AM
In Sweden we chopped down all our forests a long time ago, today there are only some tiny isolated pockets of virgin forest left.

Well yeah, just because Europeans did crappy things in the past doesn't mean everyone else should be doing the same things today.

Sure, but it still morally questionable to force sub-European living standards on people so that we don't have to tear up our suburbs and shopping malls and motorways to re-plant forests.

The British are doing their part by stopping anybody from ever building any new housing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on August 28, 2019, 01:51:12 AM
Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2019, 10:18:38 PM
but you did it for a noble goal: reducing human population through conquests so the Earth would not warm so fast ;)

It was done in the 19th-early 20th century, so we cannot credibly use that defense. :(
damn :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.