News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Meri does Europe - Dec 2019 edition

Started by merithyn, July 25, 2019, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Oh, that is helpful! Tonitrus and I walked 17 miles our first day in Paris, 8 miles yesterday, and today is looking like another 15+ mile day. But we've seen a bunch of stuff! :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

I shall make an attempt at The List (tm) from Monday, but at this point I can barely remember my own name. I'm sure Meri, Tonitrus, Sheilbh and garbon will chime in with any I've forgotten.

RH
Katmai
Seedy
Martinus
Syt
BB
Caliga
Duque
GF
Berkut
Fahdiz
Jaron
Norgy
Tamas
Ank
Lusti
Mono

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on January 02, 2020, 05:44:27 AM
I shall make an attempt at The List (tm) from Monday, but at this point I can barely remember my own name. I'm sure Meri, Tonitrus, Sheilbh and garbon will chime in with any I've forgotten.

RH
Katmai
Seedy
Martinus
Syt
BB
Caliga
Duque
GF
Berkut
Fahdiz
Jaron
Norgy
Tamas
Ank
Lusti
Mono

Mongers
Celedhring
Liep

I'm sure there were others. I'm pretty sure I'll be confusing those who came up with RH with those who came up in London.

Basically, assume you're included.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on January 02, 2020, 02:59:04 AM
Oh, that is helpful! Tonitrus and I walked 17 miles our first day in Paris, 8 miles yesterday, and today is looking like another 15+ mile day. But we've seen a bunch of stuff! :D

:cool:

The languish death march to end all languish marches.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2020, 07:13:47 AM

Celedhring and I did roughly 17.5 miles my first day in Barcelona, so it's apparently how I'm going to begin and end my trip.  ^_^

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on January 02, 2020, 07:20:35 AM

Celedhring and I did roughly 17.5 miles my first day in Barcelona, so it's apparently how I'm going to begin and end my trip.  ^_^

:D

Good grief that's a lot.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

I hardly had to stare at historical maps at all. There was limited exposure with Tonitrus at the British Library while was waited for Meri, but barely long enough to start twitching.

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2020, 07:25:33 AM
Quote from: merithyn on January 02, 2020, 07:20:35 AM

:D

Good grief that's a lot.

I "only" have 19 Km in my log for that day (12 miles), but Meri had been going at it before we joined up.

The Larch

Quote from: Brazen on January 02, 2020, 07:44:22 AM
I hardly had to stare at historical maps at all. There was limited exposure with Tonitrus at the British Library while was waited for Meri, but barely long enough to start twitching.

Do you think of languishites when you see a historical map nowadays?  :lol:

Brazen

Quote from: The Larch on January 02, 2020, 07:58:08 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 02, 2020, 07:44:22 AM

Do you think of languishites when you see a historical map nowadays?  :lol:
Yes! And you should have been on The List, sorry  :Embarrass:

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on January 02, 2020, 06:16:57 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 02, 2020, 05:44:27 AM

RH
Katmai
Seedy
Martinus
Syt
BB
Caliga
Duque
GF
Berkut
Fahdiz
Jaron
Norgy
Tamas
Ank
Lusti
Mono

Mongers
Celedhring
Liep

I'm sure there were others. I'm pretty sure I'll be confusing those who came up with RH with those who came up in London.

Basically, assume you're included.

I assume nothing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Last meetup for this trip.  Duque is meeting Toni and me on a bridge in the middle of a busy tourist area. What could possibly go wrong? :D

Syt

Ask him to take you to the place where they play pétanque and sell beer from plastic bags. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2020, 12:59:32 PM
Ask him to take you to the place where they play pétanque and sell beer from plastic bags. ;)

That would have been yesterday.  :P

merithyn

We went to a pub and had beer and conversation. It was a delightful evening.  :D