Started by merithyn, July 25, 2019, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Euros: I'm packing for my trip. Sweater or hoodie?

To specify why only one, I'm limiting my packing as much as possible. The reason I'm thinking hoodie is because they're much more comfortable to sleep in, and I'm afraid that I'll be cold in the hostels.

And yes, I'm already packing.

FIVE DAYS AND 11 HOURS

Oexmelin

I am not a euro (not even a dollar), but hostels can indeed be cold.

Also, on your blog, you indicate packing three light dresses, which I imagine are for night outs? Otherwise it may be a tad optimistic for December - but Spaniards can correct me. 

One piece of advice about European (or at least North European) winters is that they are very humid, and thus clothes can take a while to dry. You may be used to it because of the Pacific Northwest, but maybe good to keep in mind.

Lastly, I now shell out the extra euros for having cleaners take care of my laundry. That way I am not tied to the laundromat, and can visit the town.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Maladict

Make sure you know the PIN code of your credit card. Europe is a debit card kind of place.

Kaeso

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 03, 2019, 12:37:15 AM
I am not a euro (not even a dollar), but hostels can indeed be cold.

Also, on your blog, you indicate packing three light dresses, which I imagine are for night outs? Otherwise it may be a tad optimistic for December - but Spaniards can correct me. 

One piece of advice about European (or at least North European) winters is that they are very humid, and thus clothes can take a while to dry. You may be used to it because of the Pacific Northwest, but maybe good to keep in mind.

Lastly, I now shell out the extra euros for having cleaners take care of my laundry. That way I am not tied to the laundromat, and can visit the town.

Not a Spaniard, but I wouldn't pack the light dresses and take an additional pair of jeans instead. Especially if it is raining.

About the laundry, I feel you will be doing a lot of it. Either plan to spend some time at the end of your stay in Barcelona http://barcelona-home.com/blog/best-self-service-laundry-in-barcelona/ because you will only be 3 days in Naples and if you need clean something there it sounds like you won't have much time.

About the camera, I feel that modern mobile phones offer enough picture quality for casual pictures. I would take a camera only if I intend to make more serious photo shootings.

celedhring

Winter here is mild, but certainly not light dress mild.

merithyn

Each hostel that I'm in has laundry facilities, by design. I want to bring as few things as I can, which requires doing laundry at least every four or five days. I'm comfortable with that as a forced way to spend a night in. It'll be a good way to make sure that I catch up on my notes in each place, too.

The dresses are light, but not summer-weight and will be worn over leggings and turtlenecks. They also pack up easily and tightly but can be pulled out for an easy way to dress up on a night. I may end up just packing one, just the same, and instead pack a skirt and a couple of extra shirts instead. I really think just one pair of jeans is fine.

Now.... back to the sweater and hoodie dilemma... :)

garbon

I think, even as a person from a cold place, you'll be cold with either one of those. Unless you plan to spend all day, everyday indoors.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

:huh:

I'll be wearing a coat, too. I just meant to pack for the trip. As a layer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Grey Fox

merithyn

Grey Fox

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 03, 2019, 12:38:08 PM
:huh:

I'll be wearing a coat, too. I just meant to pack for the trip. As a layer.

I see. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.